By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 software update 'Masamune' (2.0) available Tuesday 28 October.

Sephiroth coming to PS4 hinted!!

Around the Network

Sounds good as I really want to see if Share Play works as advertised. However, I will wait a few days until downloading it to see if it doesn't screw a whole bunch of PS4s up. Back in 2007, I downloaded PS3 Update 2.00 as soon as it was available and suddenly I couldn't play games off of the disc as the drive malfunctioned. Had to ship it to Sony for repairs. I have a 2 year in-store warranty on my PS4 but I'd rather not go through the hassle at this time.

well, it was about time, thanks!

Aura7541 said:
I have feeling that SharePlay will be a pretty big selling point for the PS4.

Until Microsoft takes it

That's a good thing for us consumers though. If one of the 3 find a cool new thing that everyone likes, the other 2 should "steal" it and use it as well

Is that a sword? XP

Around the Network
celador said:
Pretty good update, although I hope Sony take a different approach from now on, releasing smaller updates on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, even if it contains only small features.

I will make sure not to download it next Tuesday and wait for confirmation that it doesn't have any negative side effects like in the past.

I like the big updates

Anyway, I'm going to wait as well. I hope that someone from VGC downloads it right away because I will rely on you guys to tell me if it's safe

I see we are posting awesome Masamune from FF games, best post the most legendary of all

celador said:
Pretty good update, although I hope Sony take a different approach from now on, releasing smaller updates on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, even if it contains only small features.

I will make sure not to download it next Tuesday and wait for confirmation that it doesn't have any negative side effects like in the past.

that's exactly what people complained about last gen when they did it with PS3!  Sony just can't win sometimes lol

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

*Sound Of Rain said:
celador said:

I like the big updates

Anyway, I'm going to wait as well. I hope that someone from VGC downloads it right away because I will rely on you guys to tell me if it's safe

Usually even when updates are bugged the bugs doesn't ever affect everyone. Maybe only like 20% gets affected by update bugs if there are any. So for all you know, you could wait for every single PS4 owner here to download theirs and they would be fine but when you download yours you will fall into that 20% that gets the bug.

These things can happen.......