By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Install Times "Should Be Faster," Microsoft Exec Admits

kowenicki said:

so does the xbox one.

It staggers me how little ps4 owners know about the xbox one and yet spout it anyway.

Yeap... both do that but what Xbone oweners complain and what Phill is saying is that Xbone even doing that is ridiculoous slow compared with PS4.

90% of the Xbone games have install times over 5x worst than SP4.

And it is software fault from MS.

Do you want a recente example? Forza Horizon 2 install time vs DriveClub install time.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
vivster said:
So it's software architecture indeed.

Actually the install times are the same on both consoles. PS4 just let's you play before the install is finished.

so does the xbox one.

Which only makes the matter worse. 

The problem is intalling the update while installing the game.

But again, the same user here is actively confusing intallation time to time to start playing.

kowenicki said:

which they will fix.

whats the problem?

PS4 fans dont sem to mind waiting for dlna (promised by cuddly yosh over a year ago) and suspend resume (reveal feature), so I dont mind waiting for this.

It is not my complain or any PS fan.

Phil is talking about Xbone's owners complaining about this difference... you can look at the Xbox One Reddit or Xbox One Support Forum... it is one of the most complains from the console onwers.

For me it can stay like it is... I won't use this slowness

PS. All my complains in PS3 was fixed in PS4... that can't be said about the 360 to Xbone.

It's nice that they're looking back at the design now and admitting error's, but frankly the PS3 had some horrific install times and gamer's made do (MGS4 anyone?). It's convenient that they're quicker on the PS4, but it shouldn't make or break either console.

Around the Network

This is all Don Mattrick's fault.

kowenicki said:
vivster said:
So it's software architecture indeed.

Actually the install times are the same on both consoles. PS4 just let's you play before the install is finished.

so does the xbox one.

It staggers me how little ps4 owners know about the xbox one and yet spout it anyway.

How come the differences then? Seeing times of 7 minutes and up install times on X1 makes it seem to me that in that time the whole game was installed. I mean how much longer do you think an install of the whole game would take?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

so does the xbox one.

Yeap... both do that but what Xbone oweners complain and what Phill is saying is that Xbone even doing that is ridiculoous slow compared with PS4.

And it is software fault from MS.

Do you want a recente example? Forza Horizon 2 install time vs DriveClub install time.

You are comparing a openword game with a on the track racers????

Jesus, with Forza 5 I could start playing with 10% of the download, I could choose one car and one track..

We now have close to 50 multplat games, do you have any statistics for that claim? And would people really mind if they start playing a game after waiting 100 seconds over 20 seconds?

Dark_Feanor said:
The problem is intalling the update while installing the game.

But again, the same user here is actively confusing intallation time to time to start playing.

Does it really matter for any part? What matter is how much time take after you put the game on tray to play... that is the definition of the "installation" talked in the Phil interview.

That is the complain... if you cheese the installation or not is only a techical level... the matter is that the game starts faster that is what all gamers want after all.

toastboy44562 said:
MoHasanie said:
toastboy44562 said:
They're not that bad and it's a one time thing. The only ones complaining about it are Sony fans IMO

That's not true. Lots of people are complaining a lot about the long install times. 

Thats pretty much BS though.

I have installed a few games now on my Xbox One. It only takes 20-40 min depending on your game. If you can't wait a half an hour and eat dinner or something while your game installs there is something psychologically wrong with who ever complains about waiting. Either that or they are Sony/Nintendo/Ouya fans.

What a terrible post. 

So if I don't want to wait 40 minutes before being able to play a game because it is installing it means something is psychologically wrong with me?

What say you about those who instead of voicing their dissatisfaction just suck it up and deal with whatever shit is thrown their way? "Smart"?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!