By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Paranautical Activity pulled off Steam because developer tweets ''I am going to kill gabe newell. He is going to die.''

bubblegamer said:
Kane1389 said:
Man, indie developers really are assholes lol

lol you have a point there. But technically it's not about indie developers per se, the big developers are the same. The difference is those have PR agencies that correct/control everything they let out into the world. Indie developers don't have that luxury!

Take away the PR agencies and those working fo rthe big devs seemed to have much better decorum in their personal twitter and stuff. I guess they do understand that they are just one cog in a massive wheel, whereas the smaller dudes feel as if they have to answer to no one.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
bubblegamer said:
Kane1389 said:
Man, indie developers really are assholes lol

lol you have a point there. But technically it's not about indie developers per se, the big developers are the same. The difference is those have PR agencies that correct/control everything they let out into the world. Indie developers don't have that luxury!

Take away the PR agencies and those working fo rthe big devs seemed to have much better decorum in their personal twitter and stuff. I guess they do understand that they are just one cog in a massive wheel, whereas the smaller dudes feel as if they have to answer to no one.

The smaller dudes don't have the same accountability. If a small developer takes a huge shit on Twitter, he really doesn't lose much. Most of them were struggling before they made their games and most of them will be struggling after regardless. Situations like Notch are rare. And to be honest, if Notch takes a huge shit on Twitter, what of it? He's already incredibly rich, so it isn't going to hurt him unless he pisses all of his millions/billions away somehow.

If a developer for a big publisher shoots his mouth off, chances are he's going to be sacked, lose a comfortable regular paycheck and bennies, and he's potentially blacklisted. Unless he's entrepreneur enough to start his own business and can get around the bad PR, he's finished.

Just put it on GoG and forget about it.This is why the cloud is bad.