By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What does the NPD tracking mean for the outside of USA region.

vivster said:

I think this goes counter logic. VGC has the best tracking in US so the numbers are far off. And it has the worst tracking in the rest of the world so they must be pretty close.

I call it the Pachter Syndrome.

The issue they aren't in neither... they need to up Europe and RoW sales to be online with official reports WW.

It is close to 300k undertracked WW.

This site rght now shows a low weekly baseline for PS4... that even make guys predict low sales weeks for PS4 like 150k.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
ethomaz said:

Sony is giving us updated data each 3 months... example:

Sony Aug 6th: Over 10 million
VGC Aug 2nd: 9,626,477

Both sold to consumer... VGC > 300k undertracked.

And yes... it is undertracked after Aug 2nd too like the NPD showed us... the Sony sales baseline is a lot better than what VGC shows.

Either that or the PS4 sold 66k a day...

all those over tracked sales from before were making up for lack of numbers elsewhere. Then there were even more on top of that and now after VGchartz underestimating PS4 big time in the US could have done so for everywhere outside the US again in Sept.

ethomaz said:
vivster said:

I think this goes counter logic. VGC has the best tracking in US so the numbers are far off. And it has the worst tracking in the rest of the world so they must be pretty close.

I call it the Pachter Syndrome.

The issue they aren't in neither... they need to up Europe and RoW sales to be online with official reports WW.

It is close to 300k undertracked WW.

This site rght now shows a low weekly baseline for PS4... that even make guys predict low sales weeks for PS4 like 150k.

but ethomaz that 300k under track was 300k while the US was over tracked by about 100k. Now VGchartz numbers no longer have that 100k over track so that is another 100k to add to the 300k from before. 

It doesn't matter when Sony releases any official numbers; it's already been made clear that unless those numbers match this site's projections, they don't count.

Damagon said:
It doesn't matter when Sony releases any official numbers; it's already been made clear that unless those numbers match this site's projections, they don't count.

sad but true :( 

Around the Network

What's the use of shipment numbers when the website doesn't trust them?

bubblegamer said:

Doesn't appear to trust sold through to customer numbers, either heh.

mornelithe said:
bubblegamer said:

Doesn't appear to trust sold through to customer numbers, either heh.

Which is baffling considering Sony said over 10 million during Gamescom, not reached 10 million.