By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Smash Wii U will place in the top 10 best selling fighting games of all time!

Tagged games:

Will Smash place in the top 10 best selling fighting games of all time?

Yes 28 58.33%

No 15 31.25%

It will not only place to... 3 6.25%

See results 2 4.17%

Total:48
Qwark said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
It only needs 3.6 Million

Of course it will go Top 10

Since the 3ds will reach the list sooner so by that time it will probably be 3.87 million, still not a problem at all, someone even thinks it will outsell brawl on it's own.

Nothing's impossible, this one even has WAY more hype and backing by the Smash community than Brawl ever had. 

Around the Network

Yes that will easily happen. If not this year or early next year then certainly at the end of this generation.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad that this list will have 5 Smash games out of 10.

S.Peelman said:

Yes that will easily happen. If not this year or early next year then certainly at the end of this generation.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad that this list will have 5 Smash games out of 10.

Happy, Smash is an awesome game and deserves every spot it has.

It will make that easily if Nintendo advertises it the way they did MK8

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Gammalad said:
It will make that easily if Nintendo advertises it the way they did MK8

2 tournaments was a good start. I've also seen a LOT of "Settle it in Smash" commercials (though those are focused towards the DS version). But the word is getting out. I think their next move should be Gamestop Demo.

Around the Network

I don't call that a prediction; I call that a given. 3.6 million should be easy enough. By the end of the year, there should be 3 games over 3.6 million on the Wii U: MK 8, Nintendoland and NSMB U.

All that said though; this will very likely be the lowest selling Smash Brothers game of all time, I'm pretty sure that 5.55 million will too tough to beat, with the 3DS version doing as well as it is, that version is bound to steal quite a bit of thunder overall.

Mummelmann said:
I don't call that a prediction; I call that a given. 3.6 million should be easy enough. By the end of the year, there should be 3 games over 3.6 million on the Wii U: MK 8, Nintendoland and NSMB U.

All that said though; this will very likely be the lowest selling Smash Brothers game of all time, I'm pretty sure that 5.55 million will too tough to beat, with the 3DS version doing as well as it is, that version is bound to steal quite a bit of thunder overall.

I agree completely. It's kind of a double edged sword for Nintendo, though I do think making Smash available to more people is never a bad thing.  I have to admit, I wonder if they owned both systems why they would buy the 3DS version and not the Wii U. I also don't see this swaying someone away from buying a Wii U if they were going to specifically for Smash. I guess we'll have a LOT better look at what we're dealing with this Thursday when we get the direct. 

bigtakilla said:
Mummelmann said:

I agree completely. It's kind of a double edged sword for Nintendo, though I do think making Smash available to more people is never a bad thing.  I have to admit, I wonder if they owned both systems why they would buy the 3DS version and not the Wii U. I also don't see this swaying someone away from buying a Wii U if they were going to specifically for Smash. I guess we'll have a LOT better look at what we're dealing with this Thursday when we get the direct. 

Absolutely. It is important to remember that for Nintendo, the big picture is the most important, so selling Smash to a huge audience is likely a higher priority than helping the Wii U more than the 3DS at this point. If anything; their insistence on focusing on the 3DS in the past few years makes sense, it has had actual momentum and some great software sales and has provided them with much needed income, the same effort put into the Wii U would certainly have yielded worse results for the company's bottom line figures.