By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Might Have A Chance to Become the Best Selling DW Game in the US! (If Not Top 3 of the Series)

the_dengle said:

Guys we can't compare sales of Brawl to sales of Melee. Most people only bought Brawl because Sonic and Snake were in it so it's not fair.

I don't actually know what that means.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
tbone51 said:

You're a good egg, tbone51.  I was sad when you got banned.  Even if I did want to strangle you during the "GOOOOO" period.

I'm also a fan of Zelda and underdog Japanese games.  I'm happy for Hyrule Warriors and thing that it's a good thing both for Nintendo and Musou games in general.

Well i did stp with Go and only do it if its really meaningful! I think i did it alot at that time, cuz oneuser (not going to post the name) said something real stupid while i was on my first ban, so i did it to purposely annoy him :P (funny as it became the thing to say amoungst alot of people in COMG Including Sony fans!)

Here's a fact, i dont own HW (yet) and i played myfirst Musou game awhile ago (One Piece Pirate Warriors). Though thats not fair as OP is my favorite Manga of all time (despite the anime becoming Garbage after the TS :-/

pokoko said:
the_dengle said:

Guys we can't compare sales of Brawl to sales of Melee. Most people only bought Brawl because Sonic and Snake were in it so it's not fair.

I don't actually know what that means.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) had Sonic and Snake in it. Joke being 12mil vs 7mil is unfair because Sega fans+MGS bought the game only for them, thus a rise in sales :0

@Dengle: That made me laugh XD

LurkerJ said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Spin, Spin, Spin. So off topic, what is this thread about^ Oh yeah US sales. C'mon now, you do this alot. When [insert Nintendo Related] does something well, you bring in something else and try your hardest to downplay. Its kinda sad :-/

I think this thread will have 200 posts at least. Too early for anger. Calm down. You how moderations work on vgc...

Im that bad :-/ I'll calm down now

tbone51 said:

Here's a fact, i dont own HW (yet) and i played myfirst Musou game awhile ago (One Piece Pirate Warriors). Though thats not fair as OP is my favorite Manga of all time (despite the anime becoming Garbage after the TS :-/

Off-topic, but how is One Piece Warriors? I like the gameplay of HW a lot...but not sure I'm quite motivated to jump into the DW universe. I finally started reading the OP manga, and love it so far (just finished Skypeia arc last night), so I think I might enjoy Pirate Warriors. I suppose you can't compare it to a game you haven't played, but I'm wondering if I'll there's a big difference in amount of characters/stages/game modes/etc between Hyrule and Pirates.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Once again, we kno The Name helped out 90% of it, but it DOESNT CHANGE THE FACT its a Musou game. Same as One Piece amazing #s in japan.

One Piece + Zelda = Huge Name in Japan/US. despite this both are Musou games, leave it alone. If you dont like the fact it got high sales then im sorry :'-(

The sales aren't really high for a Zelda game though. And it has  0 chance of coming close to the highest selling DW games as well.

Spin, Spin, Spin. So off topic, what is this thread about^ Oh yeah US sales. C'mon now, you do this alot. When [insert Nintendo Related] does something well, you bring in something else and try your hardest to downplay. Its kinda sad :-/

Nothing to spin here - just looking at the facts. It's a Zelda game that's selling poorly.

the_dengle said:

We can't compare 2 games of the same franchise?

tbone51 said:

It's not garbage.  >l  Chut tup.  New arcs always take awhile to get going.  Enies Lobby was boring at first but look how it ended up.

Super_Boom said:
tbone51 said:

Off-topic, but how is One Piece Warriors? I like the gameplay of HW a lot...but not sure I'm quite motivated to jump into the DW universe. I finally started reading the OP manga, and love it so far (just finished Skypeia arc last night), so I think I might enjoy Pirate Warriors. I suppose you can't compare it to a game you haven't played, but I'm wondering if I'll there's a big difference in amount of characters/stages/game modes/etc between Hyrule and Pirates.

You get to play the entire Straw Hats and other real popular characters of the manga. It follows true to the manga with added stuff (like the arcs/etc).

Personally i might be biased but i thought it was fun. I love luffy using all his Gomu Gomu no atks XD

I didn't get to complete it but wat i seen from HW, i think One Piece has a much bigger Campaign, though HW does have that extra mode which could keep people busy. I Haven't played it in awhile, dont have a ps3 (all sony games i played at a friends house when i lived in Jersey).

Keeep up the reading, the next arcs are the best in the series. Skypiea was cool, but wait itill 2-3 arcs later. Best part of one piece has yet to come! Still not even half way done XD

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Nothing to spin here - just looking at the facts. It's a Musou game that's selling greatly.

Fixed!