By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is there a chance of Nintendo getting 3rd party support in the future?

3rd party support in the future for nintendo?

Yes 68 23.45%

No 101 34.83%

Maybe 103 35.52%

See results 18 6.21%

Total:290
amak11 said:
Scisca said:
Only if they replace Wii U with a proper next gen console.

The Wii U is a proper next gen console. A generation in technology is a measure of greater ability than your predecessor. It's not a measure of how it compares to other consoles..... these are basic facts of the technology industry. Now in the future keep your comments on topic... 

in regard to the topic... 

There is a chance, provided that userbase jumps past 10 million 

@bold - Now in the future you should take your head out of your...

My comment was absolutely on topic, no matter how it hurts your bias. Wii U isn't a proper next gen console. It's a console that makes people say "Nintendo, welcome to 2007". It is next gen only in the world of Nintendo, but in the real world it is not, that's why I said a proper next gen machine. As in - for regular people, not the just ones who live on planet Nintendo. Just deal with it.

Also - no matter how much it sells at this point, it won't get 3rd party support. You are delusional if you think anyone in the industry is gonna care about Wii U hitting 10  million. Vita is way ahead of Wii U when it comes to 3rd party support - let that sink in...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Scisca said:

@bold - Now in the future you should take your head out of your...

My comment was absolutely on topic, no matter how it hurts your bias. Wii U isn't a proper next gen console. It's a console that makes people say "Nintendo, welcome to 2007". It is next gen only in the world of Nintendo, but in the real world it is not, that's why I said a proper next gen machine. As in - for regular people, not the just ones who live on planet Nintendo. Just deal with it.

Also - no matter how much it sells at this point, it won't get 3rd party support. You are delusional if you think anyone in the industry is gonna care about Wii U hitting 10  million. Vita is way ahead of Wii U when it comes to 3rd party support - let that sink in...

You should only compare a Nintendo console to a NIntendo consoles. This is the same as comparing a Sony console to a Sony Console and insert Xbox wherever. This is how you measure a generation, i'm sorry your delusional sense of fanboyism can't see past that. PS3 to PS4, next gen playstation. Xbox 360 to Xbox One, next gen Xbox. Wii to Wii U, next gen Nintendo. Generations in technology are not defined by what you said... christ. How the hell do you think iPhone and iPods keep getting the numbered iteration. iPhone 6... is the 6th generation of iPhone, it's noticably better than the iPhone 5.  

It is next gen whether you want to agree with that or not. Also the Wii U actually still has third party support. It just wont have the larger "bro-games" aka "mature" titles. AND PS Vita has zero first party support, now let that sink in

-User was moderated for this post-

Mummelmann

super_etecoon said:
Serious question: do you guys that lament the lack of 3rd party support on Nintendo consoles really care about Nintendo's fortunes? Or do you just like to kick dirt in their face? Would 3rd party support make you actually buy the console?

Yes, i'd buy the games on the next system. If they follow these things. Not gimped in graphics (that depends on Nintendo hardware choices though), not gimped in DLC, not gimped release times. And definatly no BS like what EA did with Mass Effect. I seriously would of bought ME Trilogy on Wii U. Instead I had to buy the freaking PS3 one. Basically, no excuse for the game to fail. For me this will make me buy a 3rd party game on a Nintendo system. And not go preorder it on PS.

amak11 said:

You should only compare a Nintendo console to a NIntendo consoles. This is the same as comparing a Sony console to a Sony Console and insert Xbox wherever. This is how you measure a generation, i'm sorry your delusional sense of fanboyism can't see past that. PS3 to PS4, next gen playstation. Xbox 360 to Xbox One, next gen Xbox. Wii to Wii U, next gen Nintendo. Generations in technology are not defined by what you said... Christ. How the hell do you think iPhone and iPods keep getting the numbered iteration. iPhone 6... is the 6th generation of iPhone, it's noticably better than the iPhone 5.  

It is next gen whether you want to agree with that or not. Also the Wii U actually still has third party support. It just wont have the larger "bro-games" aka "mature" titles. AND PS Vita has zero first party support, now let that sink in

You are really trying very, very hard to totally ignore what I write. Impressive, yet still laughable. I'm sorry to bring this to you, but Nintendo doesn't operate in a vacuum. If you fail to understand that, I pity you.

"Generations in technology" are defined exactly like that. iPhones and iPads are being compared non-stop to Samsung/Sony phones and have to be kept on the cutting edge. Something Wii U isn't doing. Nokia went Nintendo way when Apple entered the market, they were just releasing better phones than earlier, but not on par with Apple and what was the result? Were these phones, which weren't even smartphones, being considered "next gen" at that time? Hell no!

Wii U is next gen for Nintendo. It's not a proper next gen for the whole world. Is it really so hard for you to understand? Because the whole world gets it quite clearly, as the sales prove.

@Vita - I just got Murasaki Baby, I am buying Freedom Wars in two weeks (I don't think any upcoming 3rd party Wii U game will sell like it or even had a similar budget) and there are other 1st party games still coming, so this is far from zero. And either way, there is no 1st party that can rival the power and output of 3rd parties.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:

Wii U is next gen for Nintendo. It's not a proper next gen for the whole world. Is it really so hard for you to understand? Because the whole world gets it quite clearly, as the sales prove.

I really don't think you want to bring sales into a "generation" argument. You will be reminded that the best-selling console last generation was at most a half-step above the GameCube in tech.

And I don't appreciate comments like "It is next gen only in the world of Nintendo, but in the real world it is not, that's why I said a proper next gen machine. As in - for regular people, not the just ones who live on planet Nintendo." I am not a regular person because I buy Nintendo consoles? I live on planet Nintendo?

Yada yada yada when will Sony & MS release a proper next gen machine that can compete with gaming PCs yada yada

Around the Network
Scisca said:

You are really trying very, very hard to totally ignore what I write. Impressive, yet still laughable. I'm sorry to bring this to you, but Nintendo doesn't operate in a vacuum. If you fail to understand that, I pity you.

"Generations in technology" are defined exactly like that. iPhones and iPads are being compared non-stop to Samsung/Sony phones and have to be kept on the cutting edge. Something Wii U isn't doing. Nokia went Nintendo way when Apple entered the market, they were just releasing better phones than earlier, but not on par with Apple and what was the result? Were these phones, which weren't even smartphones, being considered "next gen" at that time? Hell no!

I'm not even ignoring what you wrote. I just ignore what is wrong, and you are very delusional when it comes to technology. iPads and iPhones are compared on features not generations.  I suggest you go have a proper look at what a generation is even by definition. You are so narrow minded that it is hilarious. I know Nintendo isn't in a vaccum, but it still doesn't make your argument of "needing a proper next gen console" valid.

It is a proper next-gen console whether you want to agree with it or not. Many developers agree with this. You don't need to be a clone to be next gen. A 2014 honda can still sell sitting next to a 2014 Corvette. 

No, there is no chance, third party games usually sell to around 2.5% of the user base, even if Nintendo gets 12 million units very fast, that would mean 300k sales for a major title, and that is not worth it.

Not impossible but highly unlikely

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Of course, but not with Iwata or Miyamoto at the top.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I suspect that certain Japanese third parties are actually strengthening ties, behind the scenes right now, with Nintendo. I think we'll see some more exclusives announced from Bandai Namco, Sega/Atlus, and Koei Tecmo, at least.

Why? Consider what each of these companies already has. Bandai Namco are the ones making Smash, and they're the ones behind Pokken Tournament. Sega had a big exclusive for Sonic titles, Atlus is the one making SMTxFE, and Sega seem to be fairly close to Nintendo anyway. Koei Tecmo made Hyrule Warriors and Fatal Frame V.

All three companies seem to be getting a lot of opportunities to work with Nintendo IP, they all seem to be more than happy to make the games (in some cases, it seems that they approached Nintendo about it), and I find it unlikely that Nintendo would let these publishers make games with their big IP without some deal requiring them to also make some other games for the system.

Beyond that, I think there's some chance that Nintendo could regain support from certain western publishers - mostly Warner/Disney/Ubisoft. And in theory, I could see Nintendo working with Activision/Treyarch to have some sort of FPS exclusive, although it's probably more pie-in-the-sky than anything else.