By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Warner Bros. announces 10 DC movies, including Wonder Woman, Green Lantern

The Fury said:
Horrorfest said:
I don't think Cyborg will make it he's far too obscure without the Teen Titans but everything else probably will as long as Batman v Superman doesn't screwed up somehow and as long as it's at least good the ball will be rolling. Everything else can go well as long as Wonder Woman at least keeps it moving with her movie after which I'm sure will be easy enough unless it's somehow a big mess.

Cyborg has been pushed by DC recently to be a bigger part of the universe and stand out more for one very simple reason, his ethnicity. I don't know if they've admitted as much.

Then at least it's not like they are changing the ethnicity of a character completely to shoehorning a black guy to add diversity. That would be a mistake. I hope no movie studios like Fox don't do that.

I'm looking forward to a Black Panther film, that could be amazing. A young new king travels to the US (yes because everything is set in the US to get the big bucks) to avenger the murder of his father at the hands of a being made totally of sound...awesome premise, vibranium being a key plot point.

Nothing against Cyborg but he really belongs with the Titans and should never be replacing Manhunter. But at the same time I want Hal Jordan even though I like Stewart he is not THE Lantern and obviously DC needs some diversity somewhere so let's hope we at least will get Jordan for the sacrifice of Manhunter. I would love for Stewart to possibly be introduced in the GL movie and get a lot of spotlight in a Green Lantern Corps movie depending on the success of the reboot.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Dante9 said:
*Sigh* DC characters are so corny it's embarrassing. Batman is the only one I can watch with a straight face. I mean, a guy with a frigging magical wishing ring? Come on. Superman is like the first, basic concept of a superhero. The prototype. The cape and the tights. Too bad they made him too invincible to be of any interest. Oh well, I guess it's a matter of taste once again.

DC characters are so incredible awesome. I used to be a Marvel fanboy until I started reading The Flash, which has become one of my favourite superheros ever.

Nothing can top Daredevil, imo. Not even with his reputation on the mud after that horrible Ben Affleck movie xD

I wouldn't say corny personally but there is something very unwatchable when it comes to DC heroes besides the more street level ones. They hold too much power at times. Superman is that power, Wonder Woman is a god (basically), Green Lantern travels through space and can created anything from his mind. Flash is more relateable but he has to be reduced to a flash that is new, else actually using his powers flash is beyond comprehension.

Davedevil in 2003 was writen by Bendis, nothing could hurt that book with noir Bendis writing it. What happened to that writer? Wish he was still around.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

I wouldn't say corny personally but there is something very unwatchable when it comes to DC heroes besides the more street level ones. They hold too much power at times. Superman is that power, Wonder Woman is a god (basically), Green Lantern travels through space and can created anything from his mind. Flash is more relateable but he has to be reduced to a flash that is new, else actually using his powers flash is beyond comprehension.

Davedevil in 2003 was writen by Bendis, nothing could hurt that book with noir Bendis writing it. What happened to that writer? Wish he was still around.

Don't know, but outside one of his jobs, I never liked Frank Miller's take on Daredevil. He made him way too serious.

Flash is kind of a god too. He can travel through time. DC superheroes are overpowered as fuck, I agree with that.

Horrorfest said:

Nothing against Cyborg but he really belongs with the Titans and should never be replacing Manhunter. But at the same time I want Hal Jordan even though I like Stewart he is not THE Lantern and obviously DC needs some diversity somewhere so let's hope we at least will get Jordan for the sacrifice of Manhunter. I would love for Stewart to possibly be introduced in the GL movie and get a lot of spotlight in a Green Lantern Corps movie depending on the success of the reboot.

Poor Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner get no respect. :P

I think even putting John Stewart in the JL now or in any film publication people would have questioned why it wasn't Hal. I don't really know but did people question him in Justice League cartoon?

Hmm, pie.

The comics they're based on are great, especially Suicide Squad. If they take them seriously and not din things down for the masses like Green Lantern, things should go well.

Around the Network
Dante9 said:
*Sigh* DC characters are so corny it's embarrassing. Batman is the only one I can watch with a straight face. I mean, a guy with a frigging magical wishing ring? Come on. Superman is like the first, basic concept of a superhero. The prototype. The cape and the tights. Too bad they made him too invincible to be of any interest. Oh well, I guess it's a matter of taste once again.

Go watch one Of the animated movies.  i recommend son of batman, flashpoint, or assault on arkham.  When you come back, i expect you to edit that post.

d21lewis said:

flashpoint

Flashpoint Paradox is probably one of my favourite superhero movies, ever.

The Fury said:
Horrorfest said:

Poor Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner get no respect. :P

I think even putting John Stewart in the JL now or in any film publication people would have questioned why it wasn't Hal. I don't really know but did people question him in Justice League cartoon?

I actually don't even mind Gardner and Rayner is great I could see him perhaps taking the torch from Jordan long term wise if things work. I'm sure people questioned Stewart at first but it worked and they had no other black characters for the cartoon. The movies are a different story it's the main stage and already have another black character in Cyborg. I mean, like I said I'd love to see Green Lantern grow as a solo franchise alongside JL and possibly get to the corps and red lanterns. Such a shame the 2011 movie was a complete flop because GL has so much potential in its universe and very well should have been what Iron Man became for DC.

The Fury said:
The only DC Hero that has worked in film form for years is Batman. DC are great at TV shows and Cartoons, stick with that.

I wish them luck but I really don't know how these films will turn out, the only one that sounds plausible will be Suicide Squad as it's different but the main heroes of DC for some reason do not fit movies. They should make movies based on anything by Alan Moore then have in their stockpile of own properties and Vertigo and leave it at that.

Any of these movies can work. DC needs to find the writers that can win both sides of the userbase. They need to hit the right balance of changes/keeping source material, so they don't piss off comic fans.  That's the sole problem. People thought Guardian of the Galaxy was gonna bomb. What happend.

archer9234 said:
The Fury said:
The only DC Hero that has worked in film form for years is Batman. DC are great at TV shows and Cartoons, stick with that.

I wish them luck but I really don't know how these films will turn out, the only one that sounds plausible will be Suicide Squad as it's different but the main heroes of DC for some reason do not fit movies. They should make movies based on anything by Alan Moore then have in their stockpile of own properties and Vertigo and leave it at that.

Any of these movies can work. DC needs to find the writers that can win both sides of the userbase. They need to hit the right balance of changes/keeping source material, so they don't piss off comic fans.  That's the sole problem. People thought Guardian of the Galaxy was gonna bomb. What happend.

If they based it on the original Gaurdians people wouldn't have had a clue what was going on.

"What do you mean they are from the 31st Centry and the main guy has Captain America's shield? That makes no sense."

I think it worked because they were mostly unknown and people seeing it and saying to their friends 'This is great go see it.' helped. It's the same for Suicide Squad, it could work because no one knows them. The others are all general public characters (and gods) so unless the story is done right it's hard to do it, even the First cap isn't great and out of the X-men films only really 2 maybe 3 are actually any good.

Hmm, pie.