By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo gamers: Could you even afford to be a Sony or Microsoft gamer?

The problem is the time :p, I can't even play my Wii U or 3DS this week!. F**k University ¬¬

Around the Network

I can afford them, it's just I'm not particularly interested in any of the current gen consoles right now. Although, the PS4 looks like it might be close. But my backlog is full of other JRPGs and I don't have a lot of time for them because of school. So yah, my backlog and lack of time is delaying my purchase of any console right now.

Almost?

All told, for 2014 I will have spent about $600 on Nintendo products. $300 of those dollars on a WiiU bundle.
Outside of that I may spend as much as $150 on PC games this year.

I could afford more, if I really wanted, but I wouldn't really sacrifice many if any of those purchases for the sake of adding PS games to my library. So I would pretty much just be adding expenses to that baseline. The real limiting factor is time. If I want to actually spend good quality time with the games I purchase I really can't do more than I already am. There's just many other things to do.

I'm considering collecting a few cheap used titles for older consoles. And if I only pick up 4 retail games for WiiU next year then PS4 might be in the cards.

I can afford the consoles, just not the games :b
That aside I do own a PS4 and a Wii U but I rarely play them (once again due to lack of games). I mostly play PC games because I have such a huge backlog. To be fair though, I did get both consoles as gifts so I could save money for the little amount of games I did buy.

Around the Network

Just because I can "afford" it doesn't mean I can "afford" it.

In layman's terms, I have the money but I need it for food, clothes, school, and rent. Gaming is second-tier along with music and movies.

$ wise yes. In time, no.
I have Hyrule warriors DLC, Mario kart DLC, Pokemon sapphire, smash bros wii-u, bayonetta 1 &2 and captain toad.
not to mention back catalog and wishlist games.

June 2 2015 will likely be the day i buy a new system, which I still am undecided even which one to get:
X1 - Batman, halo collection (never played any) and tomb raider 2 (1st one was MY GOTY over last of us)
ps4 - Batman, The order and uncharted 4

Early August I was considering a ps4/xb1 purchase. I was in the store with the cash in my pocket but couldn't decide which one I wanted so I looked at the games available. There was NOTHING that interested me. So I took the cash (which I absolutely HAD to spend) and bought this instead.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

I'd have alot of extra money considering there aren't any games I want to play on either of those consoles

I'm doing pretty good as a Nintendo and Sony gamer. Haven't slowed down buying games.