By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS3 ever pass 360 in software sales?

Will it?

NEVER! 56 40.00%

Mid 2015 19 13.57%

End of 2015 12 8.57%

Mid 2016 18 12.86%

End of 2016 13 9.29%

Mid 2017 0 0%

End of 2017 6 4.29%

Mid 2018 7 5.00%

End of 2018 2 1.43%

Later 7 5.00%

Total:140

Looking at the numbers this week it made up about 1/2m in software and currently trails by around 40m.  Last year PS3 sold more by about 30m.  Obviously software sales have gone down bigtime this year and yet PS3 has made up another 16m before the holiday season.  Do you think it'll ever pass the 360 in WW software sales?  Personally I think it could happen after holiday 2015 or early 2016.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Yeah I can see it happening eventually.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

i dont know how much the difference is since i dont know the data but if the PS3 keeps those legs it might be possible.

Maybe you could give us some numbers, OP? Also, do we have ant official numbers from Sony and MS? Because if we don't, that's completely pointless.

After all the 12 year olds stop buying Call of Duty, that's when
No offense

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Well I'm doing my part to help make it happen as I buy way more PS3 games than Xbox 360 ;).

A plain "eventually" could be the safest bet, but I'll dare guessing mid 2018, don't ask me why, well, actually a quick mind calculation most probably wrong.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Nope, the PS core fanbase has migrated to PS4 quicker than the MS fanbase for the most part. How in the world does X360 have such a lead?

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

One might wanna check Xbox consoles/games tie ratio since 2001.
The highest in the industry.

Considering how a lot of 360 gamers jumped ship to the PS4, eventually yes.