By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm thinking about getting an Xperia Z3 for PS4 remote play

I was going to buy one but my old phone died before it launched here (it comes out on the 23rd here) so I got the HTC One instead. I'm happy with it but the Z3 is the phone I really wanted.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
If you want remote play then you should get a Vita instead.

I have 2 vitas. Remote play is not ideal on the vita because the touchpad is not the best substitute. The DS4 is an amazing controller and paired with a screen, should be amazing.

jabberjawky72 said:

Anybody else? I have a cheap windows phone I'm unattached to and I've been wanting a new phone for a while. I was looking into the iPhone 6 but PS4 remote play is definitely a feature I would use a lot. I have a vita but the lack of l2 and r2 make some games unplayable/uncomfortable. Seeing the Xperia Z3 connected to a dualshock 4 looks amazing to me. I hope it'll have the same option the vita has to hook up directly to the PS4 and not just over local wifi, the direct connection is smooth and doesn't drop unless u move too far from the console. Plus the Xperia has a bunch of other cool features and is really a nice premium smartphone. Plus I want the 5.2" option, which is a tad larger than the vitas screen. Can't wait to see a release date from tmobile. Anybody else going to get one?

Shadow of Mordor via remoteplay, that'll be fun.

By now every android device can use remote play.

You just need root to use it.

Doing it with a 10" 99€ tablet

I'm getting a Z3 compact but not for remoter play. I'm getting it because it's a sick smartphone.

If you'll use it for remote play, by all means get the Z3. I don't have PS4 but if I did I might have gotten Z3. Instead I got a HTC M8

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Officially coming to Z2 and Z2 tablet, great news.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/10/18/sony-confirms-ps4-remote-play-heading-to-xperia-z2-and-z2-tablet/