By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Hatsune Miku hits NYC!

Are you a Hatsune Miku fan?

hell yea! 18 75.00%

hell nah! 5 20.83%

Total:23

Above is Tetsuya Nomura’s version of Hatsune Miku on the billboard seen at Wallplay, where the art exhibition is held, as part of a collaboration with Square Enix’s Nomura, and Hatsune Miku. (so that is what she'll look like if she was in Final Fantasy)

The art exhibition official site. http://mikuexpo.com/ny_exhibition

She also performed live during the Late Show with David Letterman last night. If I'm not mistaken that was probably her first official US television debut!

Check out her performance below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5pIpdQEr0

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Idk, its cool that they made it but there is something off about it that I can't quite put my finger on it. Neat though

I do love her songs btw, they are awesomeee

Edit: I think it might be that it looks too much like a Cosplay and Cosplays are either a hit or a miss and this one is a miss imo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Haha is it funny that I, a Hatsune Miku fan, hate the 2 things you posted.
I love Nomura but that Miku just looks terrible (unlike his other Miku design)
And the preformance on Letterman was awful, apparently its English but I couldnt understand shit. Made my ears bleed =( So many good songs they could have chosen.

Here is Nomura's Miku design that looks totally Nomura and a well done iteration of Miku

I like the billboard poster.

Tetsuya Nomura's Hatsune Miku Gets A Variant Play Arts -Kai- Figure

posted on 2014-10-10 11:00 AEDT by Bamboo Dong

Hatsune Miku, as designed by Square Enix game creator and designer Tetsuya Nomura, is getting a Variant Plays Arts -Kai- figure.

Photos of the figure were posted online by Play Arts -Kai- director Hidemi Matsuzuka, not too long after Square Enix debuted Nomura's new Hatsune Miku video in New York.

One of the autograph cards available at NYCC

Nomura said that when the offer for a Hatsune Miku collaboration first came, he wondered why he was asked, given that the genre is different from the usual works he has created in the past. However, since this is a collaboration in an unfamiliar territory for him, he then mused that he can do something truly interesting.

Those eager to meet him and get his autograph have two opportunities to do so this weekend at New York Comic Con. Nomura will be signing at the Square Enix booth (#1813) on Friday and Saturday. Customers who purchase qualifying Play Arts -Kai- figures will receive tickets to attend the autograph sessions on a first-come, first-served basis.

The timing of the figure and video coincides with the opening of the "Hatsune Miku Art Exhibition Universal Positivity" art gallery, which will run from October 9 to October 19 at New York's Wallplay event space as part of this year's Hatsune Miku Expo.

Around the Network

While its cool and all I would much prefer to buy a better one like the Senbonzakura figure

I'm tempted to go there to buy that figurine (if they're selling it) its about 40mins away via nyc subway.

Lightning Farron
+
Motomu Toriyama

SQUARE ENIX

LemonSlice said:

Lightning Farron
+
Motomu Toriyama

SQUARE ENIX

I don't get it??

ktay95 said:

I don't get it??

Toriyama's obsession with Lightning is a well know joke serious business in the gaming community.