By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 doesn't have multiple languages on 1 disc.......

Around the Network

THERE IT WAS!!!!!! Somebody saying that Kojima could have done better, and doesn't believe that the game is THAT huge. Thank you starcraft, you made my day

If that's all you were after, I've got more for you.

Programming is like a gas: it expands to fill the space it's in. MGS4 might be a big game, but it could almost certainly be fit into a much smaller size if it were necessary. It might not fit on 1 DVD, but I'll bet it could fit on 2 with room to spare.

Is this a single or double sided disk ? (25GB or 50GB)

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
^you mean single or double layer.

yes

munkeh, blu-ray discs are double layered, not double sided.

DOATS1 said:
munkeh, blu-ray discs are double layered, not double sided.

my mistake, so, is this a dual layer or single layer?

each layer is 25gb and no ps3 game has ever needed a double layered blu-ray.

BMaker11 said:
starcraft said:
Trust me i'm not knocking the game. Stealth games (all of them) are not my thing, so I have no compulsion to buy a PS3 for this game. That said, I'm sure this game will be top-notch for all that like the genre.

But I'm sure the last I heard was that they were trying to keep it to one-sided disks, and I struggle with the notion that the game suddenly doubled in size. Also, i'm positive that they haven't done nearly the amount of compression they easily could've, because it is music to Sony's PR department's ears to hear that Blu-Ray was necessary for the game.

We'll see how necessary it was when the 360 gets MGS4 'sigma' in 12 months lol.
THERE IT WAS!!!!!! Somebody saying that Kojima could have done better, and doesn't believe that the game is THAT huge. Thank you starcraft, you made my day

Given that the Fable 2 devs said in their able to compress content down toone hundredth of it's original size without any noticable quality sacrifice, I think Konami would be capable of something similar.  Especially as Fable 2 is an open world in which compressed information from all over the disk needs to be drawn upon continually, as opposed to a linear stealth shooter where this is less of an issue.

Just because you make a comment dripping with sarcasm saying "OMG I bet some noob will say....." doesn't stop what they have to say being perfectly relevant and factual.  The fact of the matter is it's far more likely I am right than wrong given all the circumstantial evidence.

Thanks for playing. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS