By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

daredevil.shark said:
Aerys said:

"MANY people don't have any idea.

That's why Chartz admins are so rich. Ignorant people just blindly visit their site because they think Chartz numbers are "pretty accurate."

News flash: they're not."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134717845&postcount=3903

He doesnt like us , cant blame him 

Gaf also mentions me. Lol. I would like to see neogaf producing accurate data weekly basis like VGC.

The only rational explanation is that their members are clinically insane.

I hopped over to see what you were talking about, and this is the first post I saw -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134717194&postcount=3873

Gaf members do have a point about how VGC's numbers are not accurate. I think a majority of members here will agree with that as well.

Around the Network

When VGC is so wildly off, I don't blame GAF for looking at it rhat harshly. To this date VGC has yet to sdjust to Sony's official announcement. The ridicule seems pretty deserved in this case

GAF > Internet > Gaf like they say

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

daredevil.shark said:

Gaf also mentions me. Lol. I would like to see neogaf producing accurate data weekly basis like VGC. 

Except if we are in the same thread right now we know for a fact that the weekly numbers can not be accurate.   Where VGC does good is by updating their numbers when accurate info is avaliable. 

wary-wallaroo said:
When VGC is so wildly off, I don't blame GAF for looking at it rhat harshly. To this date VGC has yet to sdjust to Sony's official announcement. The ridicule seems pretty deserved in this case

I concur. ioi's "explanation" also didn't happen.

If a reliable source - in this case, Sony - says that they sold X amount through to consumers, then they sold X amount through to consumers. It's as simple as that, no need to debate or try to convince others that Sony's numbers are wrong, because that won't fly and no one in their right mind would believe sony was lying about that.

CosmicSex said:
daredevil.shark said:

Except if we are in the same thread right now we know for a fact that the weekly numbers can not be accurate.   Where VGC does good is by updating their numbers when accurate info is avaliable. 

Problem is they don't always do that, like the example above with the PS4 selling over 10 million.

Game's numbers is also another area where the vast majority of people know the numbers are all over the place.

Around the Network

OMG some good figures for PS4.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

We cant blame gaf when we see Forza Horizon 2 overtracked by 100% on "chartzz" , the site is only good to keep track on old sales from months ago after all the adjustments

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Arkaign said:
Jumpinbeans said:
Pachter - smashed!!

http://a.pomf.se/ahtxlb.gif

Hahaha - great one

Aerys said:
We cant blame gaf when we see Forza Horizon 2 overtracked by 100% on "chartzz" , the site is only good to keep track on old sales from months ago after all the adjustments

I think the best thing about this site is the community. I personally take the numbers with a grain of salt.

NewGuy said:
Aerys said:

I think the best thing about this site is the community. I personally take the numbers with a grain of salt.

Exatly the same here.

VGC is a good source of past data, but its current data depends so much on trends, and when something happens to buck that trend (like this month - PS4 steamrolling everything else, and Destiny's success causing collateral damage to other games (FH2 for example)), the numbers get blown all over the place, almost to the outer reaches of space where pachter's predictions reside.