By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

after sept npd totals look like this

PS4 4.5M
XB1 3.56M

Million lead ftw

Play Me

Around the Network

Expected. I dont know why patcher made that prediction. He always makes wrong predictions.

Shadow1980 said:
Still waiting on actual PS4 & XBO numbers. If the PS4 sold at least 2.64 times what it did in August, it will beat the Wii for having the best first September ever (not counting September launches like the N64 and Dreamcast). Here's how much past systems sold in the September of their first full calendar year (N64, PS1, & DC sales are rough estimates extrapolated from a graph by Neogaf's Terry Travis):

Wii: 501k
PS2: 344k
360: 259k
N64: ~250k
Xbox: 173k
GC: 167k
PS1: ~160-170k
DC: ~125k
Wii U: 91k

Thanks for providing this.  Has anyone noticed no 360/xbox one gap chart.   Or maybe I missed it but how do the aligned launches match up now?  We need to know how the Xbox One is doing in comparison to 360.  Is the X1 still ahead? 

Tagging!

vita 20k borderlands 2 bundle accounted for 97%

Play Me

Around the Network

Vita rising

Arkaign said:

What's even more impressive about that, is that the 360 had : a long head start, and a much better price than PS3 at the time.

September 2007 PS3 was $499 for 60GB, and $599 for 80GB. In October they dropped the 60GB, and moved the 80GB price to $499.

So 360 had a more advantageous situation than PS4 does now.

For Sept 2014, PS4 was $399 no game, or $449 with one game, while X1 was $399 + game, and for a week $399 + two games (including the bundle game for PS4, lol).

Very impressive.

Vita is 20k.

man-bear-pig said:
M$ PR is the worst. Sales this month are without a shadow of a doubt higher than they were in August so they could've at least said "Xbone sales climbed X% and continued to build strong momentum heading into the holidays etc. etc." or sumshit

I am disappoint

Jesus, this thread is loooong. Still haven't gone through it all, but wanted to point out that since Microsoft is no doubt very interested in not suggesting any numbers whatsoever, it's unlikely they would reveal a percentage pump. Since we have estimated ETA on the performance last month, be simple math to figure out what an X% bump over August would be. (irony abounds if they ended up revealing just that later on in this thread. I'm still reading through it.) In any case, removing the percentage increase figure, and instead just saying they're building momentum would be such a non-statement, Microsoft probably figured it was better not to make it at all. Just pretend sales numbers aren't a thing, and act real enthusiastic about the future! =D yay PR. xP

...now back to reading the rest of this.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

daredevil.shark said:
Vita is 20k.

Freedom Wars will save it!