By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Ninsect said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Ninsect said:

Based on your own wishes and hopes?

Yes, the same thing as anyone here and NeoGaf...

But why wouldn´t it bump?

If you like Amazon oracle you could remember that during Destiny week the XOne jumped from mids 50´s to mid 10´s and 20´s at the chart. And not forgeting that Destiny for free sold enought bundles to make it the best sell version according to NPD.

Using Bungie number we have 5mi players WW... would you give PS4 2,5mi vs 1,2mi XOne?

I just assume that the XOne free games were enought to push at least 200k other wise, how would you explain Destiny doing better on the XOne when the PS4 has a 5mi install base in the USA against 4mi (lets assume)?

I would explain it with 300k+ Destiny PS4 bundles being sold but not counted vs. MS giving the game away for free with new consoles for a week. It doesn't tell us anything about MS sales.

Oh, and please would you give up the "Neogaf leakers are not trustworthy" narrative. You look silly to pretty much everyone.

dont forget digital where it set records for PS store lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
tbone51 said:
For those who want to compare Hyrule Warriors numbers in the USA:

Hyrule Warriors - 190,000 (8 days) WiiU
Dynasty Warriors 5 - 150,000 (4 months) PS2
Dynasty Warriors 6 - 220,000 (10 months) PS3/360
Dynasty Warriors 7 - 220,000 (9 months) PS3/360

Numbers taken from NPD and Koei.

Hyrule Warriors did very well for Nintendo. I'm still reeling from the fact that it managed to outsell Forza Horizon 2. 

Yeah... I thought Forza Horizon 2 would be a shoe in for the Top 10 Software and it is nowhere to be seen. What in the world happened...?

Boutros said:
190k for Hyrule Warriors is including digital sales though. So everything below HW sold even less than that.

Ouch.  I wonder if FH will even leg it to 1.5M+, like the first one.

Leadified said:

Wait, the SF Ranking sales doesn't count bundles right? Because there was a FIFA and NFL 15 bundle for the Xbox One. Maybe that explains the low sales?

Not really.  At least not for Madden, since it was confirmed (edit: last month) the PS4 version outsold the XBO version, even when including the bundles.  I'm sure the same goes for FIFA.

Rafux said:
bluemd said:
It's incredible that there are people paying patcher for his "analysis".

Like he have said before companies pay him for his analysis no for his predictions, he is mostly wrong and he knows it thats why he gives them for free

Analysis and predictions go hand in hand, though.  An analyst must give their educated opinion about what current trends and recent developments mean for the future.  If he's this wrong on things your average forum poster would know, or that there was even going to be a gen 8, he really shouldn't have a job.  The only reason I think he does is because he represents people even more ill informed than himself. 

LurkerJ said:
tbone51 said:

HW did a lot better than I expected.  

In japan, hyrule Warriors wont come close to DW games in LTD sales (currently at 114k with digital), its probably underneath the top 25 games of the franchise there! That said.... Here's is the amusing part!

Hyrule Warriors is already at least #6 best selling Dynasty Warrior game of all time in the US with just 2weeks (9 days) of sales. (avg of DW are 100k-150k in NA)

According to vgc, we dont have US LTD but NA and the top 5 are...

DW4 (PS2) 0.63mil

DW3 (PS2) 0.53mil

DW2 (PS2) 0.24mil

DW5 (PS2) 0.24mil

DW7 (PS3) 0.22mil

HW has 3rd place locked, but it can be the #1 DW game of all time in US!

tbone51 said:
LurkerJ said:
tbone51 said:

In japan, hyrule Warriors wont come close to DW games in LTD sales (currently at 114k with digital), its probably underneath the top 25 games of the franchise there! That said.... Here's is the amusing part!

Hyrule Warriors is already at least #6 best selling Dynasty Warrior game of all time in the US with just 2weeks (9 days) of sales. (avg of DW are 100k-150k in NA)

DW4 (PS2) 0.63mil

DW3 (PS2) 0.53mil

DW2 (PS2) 0.24mil

DW5 (PS2) 0.24mil

DW7 (PS3) 0.22mil

What?? Not a chance imo. It won't have long legs. 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Hyrule Warriors actually outsold FH2. Microsoft must not have advertised the game enough.

Or maybe they advertised it too much

Dark_Feanor said:
Would guys stop for a minute and think that Apple sold 10x more iPhones 6s WW in two days than all consoles combined in the USA the whole month?

Then, maybe you should stop coming here and join a smart phone chart site?

Ninsect said:
tbone51 said:
LurkerJ said:
tbone51 said:

DW4 (PS2) 0.63mil

DW3 (PS2) 0.53mil

DW2 (PS2) 0.24mil

DW5 (PS2) 0.24mil

DW7 (PS3) 0.22mil

What?? Not a chance imo. It won't have long legs. 

I bet you would of said something similar if i said HW would be close to 200k in its first month

Seriously though, it can have legs, nothing major but we have this holiday. Unless you think its just gonna drop off. Also those numbers posted are NA vs Hyrule warriors US #s

Ninsect said:

I would explain it with 300k+ Destiny PS4 bundles being sold but not counted vs. MS giving the game away for free with new consoles for a week. It doesn't tell us anything about MS sales.

Oh, and please would you give up the "Neogaf leakers are not trustworthy" narrative. You look silly to pretty much everyone.

How could I lost, just becouse you grab the ball and run crying "I won, I won!!"?

There were a time when MS used to give us NPD numbers, Sony, never did. And the work of those leakers was almost inferences and projections from previous years.

Since MS stop doing this early this year the Gafers become our only source. They could have proved particular accurated this July when NPD numbers for the first semestre was leaked. Eventhoght we had Jan, Feb and March numbers from Microsoft NeoGaf "official" leak was given the PS4 a lead of almost 700k by July, that was off by almost 200K.

200K of in 3 months!!!

That was the oportunity to prove them right!! But they missed because they are only projections.

thismeintiel said:
Fusioncode said:
Hyrule Warriors actually outsold FH2. Microsoft must not have advertised the game enough.

Or maybe they advertised it too much

OMG, have you seen how much the X1 has been advertised by the NFL? Even then, the PS4 version of Madden 15 still came out on top. Heck, the X1 version was the lowest selling version of the four (PS4, X1, PS3, and 360).

Wow, I'm surprised Forza Horizon sold less than 190k. Was it expecting it to do better,

NNID: FrequentFlyer54