By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

sully1311 said:

MS PR 

“We believe this will be one of our biggest holiday seasons ever. We’re offering great Xbox One bundles aligned with the most anticipated game launches of the year, including ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity,’ ‘Sunset Overdrive’ and ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare,’ and incredible deals for fans. Combined with blockbusters like ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection,’ ‘Grand Theft Auto 5,’ ‘Destiny’ and ‘Forza Horizon 2,’ we are committed to making Xbox One a great place to play this holiday.”

This is almost exactly the same statement as last month...

Around the Network

VGC massivrly undertracked PS4 in NA. Can you guys imagine by how much they undertracked WW

No Wii U numbers from NPD September 2013? Curious to see it considering WWHD launched at week 5 of September.

bluemd said:
It's incredible that there are people paying patcher for his "analysis".

Like he have said before companies pay him for his analysis no for his predictions, he is mostly wrong and he knows it thats why he gives them for free

GribbleGrunger said:
Ninsect said:

Hahahahha oh damn. Insane undertracking as expected, Pachter awfully wrong as expected. Destiny XBO>PS4 not including the bundle. I think with the bundle the PS4 version sold more.

It did:

According to Activision internal estimates, the PS4 system is the #1 platform worldwide for Destiny based on units sold through as of October 4, 2014.

Obviously. This doesn't confirm it for the US though

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
No Wii U numbers from NPD September 2013? Curious to see it considering WWHD launched at week 5 of September.

There's an npd thread archive at the bottom of the op, 91k.

CGI-Quality said:
poklane said:

Unless someone leaks it, I doubt we'll see XB1 numbers or something like ''50% better than August''. The fact that Microsoft PR only talked about big games coming later this year without even talking about September makes me believe that Microsoft expected XB1 to do much better in September than it did.

Makes you realize the stranglehold the PS4 has on the market. As I said in previous NPD threads, instead of just exclusive PS4 bundles, I'm expecting some big 3rd party exclusive games this gen on PS4. The lead is about to grow substantially.

I'm really expecting a lot of indie/smaller titles to be (timed) exclusive.

Has Pachter ever made a correct prediction?

btw, pretty damn good month, PS3.

wary-wallaroo said:
VGC massivrly undertracked PS4 in NA. Can you guys imagine by how much they undertracked WW

Yup, they undertracked PS4 by over 150k in the month of september alone. After adjustments the would have it at over 11.5M on VGC. But by how bad there tracking is the Ps4 could very well be well over 12.5M by now. Whats funny is how close they sem to come with the other platforms.

Ps4 is undertracked by more than 100k on vgchartz, only for september...lol.