By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 12 Hilarious Old School Nintendo Commercials

go to retrojunk.com they've got SO many of these. Tons of Sega ones too

Around the Network

lol, wouldn't it be awesome if Nintendo brought back some of these old commercials to advertise the VC!?

They missed the best one -

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
The_vagabond7 said:

Mr. Jackson needs to do more videogame commercials.

Always been my fave gaming commercial along side the smash bros and live action Metroid Prime one and Super metroid.

What the hell kind of slogan is "Your parents help you hook it up"?

Around the Network

^ It wasn't a slogan

just back then video games and ads were specifically aimed at kids and it was just a caution thing.

The slogan they used back then was "Now you're playing with power".

lol bc you know kids are just thinking 'i'd love to buy this system, but i guess i shouldn't because i won't be able to hook it up by myself'

then nintendo clears away all doubt and fear - 'your parents help you hook it up'

'SWEET, now i can play zelda'  O.o 

Great commercials. The Zelda rap is one of the funniest commercials ever, up with the Winston Flinstone's commercial.

with commercials like that, its no wonder the NES sold so well! lol

My fav is the first mario commercial.

I love that original SSB commercial in there. Everything's all happy-shiny until Mario trips Yoshi. Then it is fscking on, bitches!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.