By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Ka-pi96 said:

IMO it's a deserved ban. The thread is about whether a game could be a system seller for Wii U, so to just post what is effectively 'the Wii U is dead, deal with it' is pretty big flame bait. It doesn't add anything to the conversation and is most likely going to cause other users to react negatively.

There's been bans for similar things about other systems in the past as well.

It wasn't entirely off-topic ... 

What am I missing here ? 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

It doesn't need to be off topic to be flame bait. It probably would have (and perhaps even did) result in others retaliating. Intentionally provoking others into flaming/trolling is just as bannable as the flaming/trolling itself.

Except, I'm not really seeing the intention ... 

It seemed more along the lines of shutting down the hope ... 

fatslob-:O said:
Ka-pi96 said:

It doesn't need to be off topic to be flame bait. It probably would have (and perhaps even did) result in others retaliating. Intentionally provoking others into flaming/trolling is just as bannable as the flaming/trolling itself.

Except, I'm not really seeing the intention ... 

It seemed more along the lines of shutting down the hope ... 

He made no reference to Star Fox though and didnt seem to be interested in the OP or the discussion at all. Simply a "WiiU is dead, give it up" that really doesnt add anything to the discussion and only serves to piss people off who are actually trying to discuss the topic at hand.

That doesnt mean that posters are not allowed to have a negative outlook on the WiiU, in fact most people do, but its the way you bring across your point that makes the difference.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Excuse me but how is this supposed to be offensive ? 

The post in question was moderated for violating rule #10: flame bait and trolling. Specifically, the post was intended to bait other users. reggin_bolas could easily have explained his attitude about the WiiU's future in a constructive post. Instead he chose wording that was incendiary. That fact, coupled with the user's history of hit-and-run provocative posts, led to a seven-day ban for trolling.

I hope this helps explains the ban and its duration.

While that is a perfectly defensible position, I would welcome it if mods quote such a reported post in the future and respond with something along the lines of "...and Nintendo still won't go third party. Suck it up and buy a Wii U if you want to play Nintendo games that badly."

Only because i didn't get there first.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Shinobi-san said:

He made no reference to Star Fox though and didnt seem to be interested in the OP or the discussion at all. Simply a "WiiU is dead, give it up" that really doesnt add anything to the discussion and only serves to piss people off who are actually trying to discuss the topic at hand.

That doesnt mean that posters are not allowed to have a negative outlook on the WiiU, in fact most people do, but its the way you bring across your point that makes the difference.

He sure didn't seem to be interested in the OP but unlike your example it wasn't all that demeaning plus he at least made a half-hearted attempt to invalidate the premise of the discussion at hand ... 

Around the Network

How many chances are you gonna give this guy to keep making troll threads?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/35302/bevochan/

I mean seriously, 3 days? Every thread he makes is to stir up controversy while he sits back and watches.

jlmurph2 said:

I mean seriously, 3 days? Every thread he makes is to stir up controversy while he sits back and watches.

5 days, actually. And I agree that it's getting somewhat ridiculous but until other mods chime in there's not a lot I can do.

If he does it again, he won't be here for long. Let's put it that way.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

jlmurph2 said:

At least 23 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/101532/beelite/games/

Shinobi-san said:

He sure didn't seem to be interested in the OP but unlike your example it wasn't all that demeaning plus he at least made a half-hearted attempt to invalidate the premise of the discussion at hand ... 

Dont see much difference between my example and what he actually said. And again he is welcome to invalidate the premise of the discussion but its the way he goes about it.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:

Dont see much difference between my example and what he actually said. And again he is welcome to invalidate the premise of the discussion but its the way he goes about it.

The difference is he wasn't being contentious about it in his post ... 

I'm still wondering what the issue is ...