By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Ka-pi96 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Ka-pi96 said:

oh noes, another mass PM

#supportJizz

If that were to happen again (which it might just so everyone knows the real issue), it wouldn't be the same PM to everyone all at once again.

If it happens please include me, I was disappointed to be left out of the last one (it wasn't you, you included me when you did it *hugs*).

#supportJizz

You're already here so no need to send one to ya unless you didn't actually read through the discussion, kinda like the guys still talking about Jizz Beard despite us now knowing it's pointless.

Around the Network

I didn't realize this is such an issue.

You know, a couple of days ago when we had this ability to change names, I went out of my way to send Jizz a message informing him of the situation and requesting him to stay on the site. We talked for a while, I told him about how awesome a user he was and how much he'd be missed, and also about how the username isn't the important thing here (the posts and the user in question are). He agreed to stay on the site an extra week while we ironed things out and so additional time could be spent so no rash decisions would be made.

The long and short it is that we don't want him to leave. We wouldn't have messaged him and tried to talk things over if we didn't, because he's a great user. I think people need to realize that we aren't trying to drive anyone off the site; quite the opposite. I think you guys are forgetting that the user himself will be staying, with a name of his choice that is deemed SFW; we definitely aren't going to permaban him over it.

Hopefully that will be the case and he will stay.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

JayWood2010 said:

Nobody is forcing him to leave.  Thats his choice.  Mods have nothing to do with that

Wood does also have a bad meaning, would you like if that was also changed if the mods started becoming harsher on this.

#supportJizz

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

TruckOSaurus said:

Just a clarification, he won't be cut off (no bans here). He's keeping his account, his posts, his threads, his friends, his wall posts, everything. What we're asking is a change of name to anything he wants that's SFW.

I realize that but in hindsight it sort of is like cutting him off since it could mean him not coming back depending on what transpires ...

JayWood2010 said:

Nobody is forcing him to leave.  Thats his choice.  Mods have nothing to do with that

They have nothing to do with it ?! 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Just a clarification, he won't be cut off (no bans here). He's keeping his account, his posts, his threads, his friends, his wall posts, everything. What we're asking is a change of name to anything he wants that's SFW.

I realize that but in hindsight it sort of is like cutting him off since it could mean him not coming back depending on what transpires ...

If he decides to leave over that, that will be his decision.

Signature goes here!

fatslob-:O said:
JayWood2010 said:

They have nothing to do with it ?! 

Yes they have nothing to do with making his decisions.  I make my own decisions and im not going to blame somebody else for them.  If i leave this site and i fully intend on doing that, that decision was made by me and not by somebody else.  There might have been circumstances or own personal reasons that led to that but in the end it is still my decision.

Ka-pi96 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Mostly everything is influenced in some shape or form.  But you should take responsibility in your own decisions.  He is upset, but now he can either get over it and move on or leave.  Thats up to him. 

JayWood2010 said:
So i have a question. How is it that we change our names? Or does that have to go through mods?

Im not going to, just wondering

Yeah as Kapi said only trucks can change names.

I believe we, as a mod team, are still debating how this should be handled. This is also very dependant on Trucks.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

JayWood2010 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Mostly everything is influenced in some shape or form.  But you should take responsibility in your own decisions.  He is upset, but now he can either get over it and move on or leave.  Thats up to him. 

How exactly can you just accept this, that the mods can do whatever they want without a single care in the world for the community. I mean this very thread can be seen as trolling the userbase, what with it asking for our opinions despite having no meaning to them. Dictatorship in any and all forms are bad, especially here considering this site only exist because of the community, so it's just appalling that they think they can abuse it. I'm sure most here don't care enough/aren't aware so they'll stay for now, but I wont be continuing to support such a backwards site.