By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 27th Hardware and Software sales (FIFA 15 week) FIFA 15 sells 260% more on PS4 than XB1

lol that attachrate gap
biggest ever, so far

even watch_dogs was much smaller
wtf happend :D

750k units outside of usa and europe? (not even launched in japan)
vgc fucked up the numbers :O

1800k ps4 ltd rest of world
750k fifa 15 week one rest of world?

really?

pls fix that numbers ioi

Around the Network

great job PS4 11m and counting,over 2m fifa PS4,over 3m destiny PS4 good stuff

i guess people are more satisfied with their PS3's this week with 1.2m fifa ps3 sold as it outsold 360 & One versions

1.4m TLoU remastered,Sony must delighted with those sales especially with all the downplay it received

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Barenziah said:

i guess people are more satisfied with their PS3's this week with 1.2m fifa ps3 sold as it outsold 360 & One versions

1.4m TLoU remastered,Sony must delighted with those sales especially with all the downplay it receieved

those 2m fifa 15 numbers are wrong

prinz_valium said:
Barenziah said:

1.4m TLoU remastered,Sony must delighted with those sales especially with all the downplay it receieved

only 1.5m?

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

prinz_valium said:

Well I checked UK and it sold ~320k in week one... it the official number from GFK.

320k to  1,341k fits with the FIFA ratio for PS consoles... +200k Americas... 500k RoW.

To be fair seems ok.

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:

lol that attachrate gap
biggest ever, so far

even watch_dogs was much smaller
wtf happend :D

750k units outside of usa and europe? (not even launched in japan)
vgc fucked up the numbers :O

1800k ps4 ltd rest of world
750k fifa 15 week one rest of world?

really?

pls fix that numbers ioi

You're right the Ps4 is probably undertracked by a huge amount in the rest of world.

GribbleGrunger said:
CGI-Quality said:

EU:

FIFA 15 (PS4)
Electronic Arts, Sports
1,341,866 1,341,866 1
FIFA 15 (XOne)
Electronic Arts, Sports
447,845 447,845 1

Holy.......! Has the discrepancy always been like this? O_O

And they had an exclusive bundle with exclusive content. Oh, and I got the order of sales right (yep, me). PS4>PS3>360>XB1.

I will explain you why the "exclusive Content" never mattered for 99% of the players.

The Legend Cards in the Ultimate Team Gamemode are for most people not affordable.
The good cards will be at one point all be 1 Million+ coins and the real expensive ones go into the 10+ Million range.

Playing a game and winning it gives you between 500-600 coins.
Winning a Division gives you prizes - The highest one is Division 1 and you get 15 000 coins and you have to win 8 games or so out of 10 possible.
Other methods to get coins is trading which is pretty hard with all the Autobuyers on the Webapp and a lot of people doing it too.
So who can afford those players,especially the ones like Pele which were in Fifa14 worth 15 Million Coins?
Exactly > People buying coins from 3rd Party or people spending Fifa Points which they buy from EA for Real Money and then they rely on luck.
At the moment in Fifa15 on the X1 1 Million Coins are at about 120€

So only a small % will ever have the chance to get their hands on the real good legends that are attractive.
Sure there are cheap ones for 2-500k but they are cheap for a reason.

The content would have had maybe more impact if it would be new but people are already aware now that those cards/players aren't a possibility for the big share of players.
The only thing EA is missing out is the money from the few maniacs on the PS4 which are willing to spend RL Money on packs.

ethomaz said:

prinz_valium said:

Well I checked UK and it sold ~320k in week one... it the official number from GFK.

320k to  1,341k fits with the FIFA ratio for PS consoles... +200k Americas... 500k RoW.

To be fair seems ok.

but its not 500k row

its 750k rest of the world by only 1800k installbase

im not talking about the 1.3m europe sales. they coud fit for sure

ill talk about the 2.2m worldwide sales

prinz_valium said:

but its not 500k row

I put wrong... sorry.

600k for RoW.

I mean... FIFA sells a lot in Americas outside US and Canada... even more than these... so I belive Latin American (that is counted by RoW) alone did 150-200k.

So it is 500-600k for the others Europe, Asia, Mid-east, etc... and remember others Europe and Mid-east are full supported Football countries.

I don't know even if it is wrong I think it did over 2 million first week.

prinz_valium said:
ethomaz said:

prinz_valium said:

To be fair seems ok.

but its not 500k row

Soccer is really huge

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m