By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Remake's: Anybody Else Surprised FFVII HD isnt a thing yet?

I would love to have a VII remake... It is the only PS FF game that I have not played!!

Square Enix will be hesitant to remake the game for a number of reasons, the biggest of which being the scale and resources that it would take for it to be done! I mean it has taken them 8+ years to get XV to a stage that they are happy to show us more (albeit there are differing circumstances causing this, such as change of console etc) but to do VII justice would take years.

Also they have to take into account that being the best sold game in the franchise also has its downside, there are millions of fans who would want the remake to happen but similarly not want their beloved game to be ruined. Not all games can be remade and turn out as brilliant and as polished as the original (in history most remakes are completely lackluster compared to the original) so this shall also be a big hurdle to overcome.

The issue basically boils down to money and time, neither of which SE have in abundance at the moment...