By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The "Negative MS Press Goes Here" Thread.

It seems like, to no end, we have many users that post various anti-MS articles on the forums.

Although we welcome new users to the Microsoft Discussion forum, the issue I take is that the majority of people with negative MS/X360 press are not regulars on the MS Discussion forums. This makes me question exactly why they're here.

From now on, if there's a beef with MS, or a news story you have. Post it here. Don't start a new 30 page flamewar thread for certain people to jump on. Post it here. If not, I will begin to lock negative X360 threads.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Will you lock negative PS3 threads also? Or will you delete negative PS3 articles like the one shams posted in the news section, which alludes to Sony selling off their complex in order to cover their losses, or to maintain profit over the next few quarters?

I don't know if I have access to delete news articles....

Having said that, if you make a "Negative PS3/Wii News Goes Here" Thread in the respective forums, and PM me, I will gladly sticky it.

I don't think I have ever saw a negative Wii thread around here. I will say that PS3 and 360 have an abundance of negative threads.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

It's cool to hate the Xbox.

I own PS3 & 360 (and the wii for a few months)

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network

Goddbless - either way, if there was/is negative Wii press, it should be elsewhere than the Nintendo forum. I don't post anti-Wii garbage there, and expect the same out of Wii owners for our forum.

Not sure if this thread is useful to be honest. I think negative articles are just fine if they have real facts behind like a study etc. Negative opinion thread is a different story. Just seems we have a enough moderators to keep things running smoothly. I mean seriously who is going to post here? Would hate to be banned just because I posted a negative like Bungie is leaving MS etc. Should we maybe have "Positive articles go here" LOL. Just my opinion that this seems like a waste for a sticky.

Will this be the new 10,000 post thread? So much anti-ms news. RROD, failed HD-DVD add-on, over 1$billion in fines etc....

This isn't going to work. To be blunt in a tough console war such as between MS and Sony a lot of genuine (i.e. valid) news that could be negative is going to spring up. Shovelling it all into one thread will be cumbersome and tough to navigate.

I agree with others the best approach is negative threads without purpose (i.e. no factual basis) are simply deleted.

Bungie leaving MS is news, so is RROD news whether good or bad, as is articles discussing impact of BR winning format war, etc.

I guess the other blunt view I have is that there is a chance that negative articles, etc. may be more in abundance than ever before if PS3 continues to outsell 360 globally as you're going to get a lot more analysts seeing gloomy times for 360 than rosy - that being said brushing them under the rug isn't the answer.

Still, let's see how it goes - I hate useless negative/bias so I'm with you in principle, just not sure this approach is workable.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

This is ridiculous. Where else would you post bad news about MS apart from the MS forum? Making a single thread for the purpose of concentrating all the negative press about MS into one place makes no sense at all. One person will be complaining about the RRoD while another moans about twats teabagging on Live.

Pointless.