By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

Metallox said:

If gamers don't like Mario, this fact has nothing to do with Mario Kart 8 being worse than Destiny. Stop with these flawed logics. 

It means for a lot of gamers Mario never enters the equation because they don't even like franchise.

Around the Network

People saying Destiny is better than Mario Kart 8 is interesting to me: Metacritic says the opposite. MK8's 88 and 9.1 versus Destiny's 77 and 6.4...

KLAMarine said:

Storywise, it was sort of predictable to be honest. And this sequence here bothered the hell out of me:

*SPOILERS*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V29RMhOoNQ8

Story didn't bother explaining how Joel survived or how Ellie was able to fix that. In a tale about survival, that's a big sin.

then clearly you havent played the expansion

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

I don't think Destiny is an amazing game at all, but it is enjoyable and the production is insane. Not surprised it outsold MK8, the Wii U is tanking and even some Wii U owners are not happy with the current state of the console whilst the PS4 is blossoming. Sure the PS4/Xbox1 don't have amazing 'exclusives' currently but the software was never as barren as it was for the Wii U's first year and a half. A friend of mine who bought a Wii U on launch described the first year and a half(pretty much up until MK8) as brutal simply because of the lack of software. I think MK8 sold very well considering the Wii U's unimpressive sales up to this point and consumer base. Comparing it to Destiny which was heavily promoted and launched on a leading system is a bit unfair.

DD_Bwest said:
KLAMarine said:

Storywise, it was sort of predictable to be honest. And this sequence here bothered the hell out of me:

*SPOILERS*

Story didn't bother explaining how Joel survived or how Ellie was able to fix that. In a tale about survival, that's a big sin.

No, I haven't.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
People saying Destiny is better than Mario Kart 8 is interesting to me: Metacritic says the opposite. MK8's 88 and 9.1 versus Destiny's 77 and 6.4...

Not everyone bases his purchasing decisions on what some game "journalists" think. See sales.

KLAMarine said:
DD_Bwest said:
KLAMarine said:

*SPOILERS*

No, I haven't.

The SP DLC includes the answers to that

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Ka-pi96 said:

Hey ethomaz, you like Destiny a lot... and you look like a more succesful trophy hunter than me

So... are you going for the Destiny plat?

Yeap but only when I reach a level that I can beat the Raid without die... I think in the future this will be easy to do.

PS. I was checking my play time in Destiny: 5d 6h 53m 7s (I played  ~127 hours since release).

bubblegamer said:
KLAMarine said:

Not everyone bases his purchasing decisions on what some game "journalists" think. See sales.

I never mentioned sales in that post.

DD_Bwest said:
KLAMarine said:
DD_Bwest said:

No, I haven't.

The SP DLC includes the answers to that

What was the answer?