By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Big Call of Duty 4 patch live

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=183710

The switch has been flipped and Microsoft has finally allowed the latest Call of Duty 4 patch through its iron Xbox Live flood gates. Here's what to expect when it comes streaming onto your white box (or black we suppose, if you've got an Elite. Ahem):

Additions / New Features:

• Added Kill cam to Airstrike bombs and Claymores
  • Addition of Host Migration so if Host Leaves auto-chooses next best host
  • Tweaked the following Oldschool Mode settings based on feedback:
  • Added Unlimited Sprint
  • Increased Magazine Size
  • Added Ragdoll Cam
  • Addition of New "N0M4D" Control Scheme

Optimizations / Tweaks:

• Identify party by background color (in Lobby)
  • Optimized server selection for first match for better connections
  • Improved network performance for 18 player games
  • Optimized 'Chase Cam' when Spectating
  • Fixed Playlist error when attempting to join from other games
  • Handle Corrupt Create A Class data instead of kicking player

There's no word yet on when PC and PS3 users can expect the update, but we can only assume it'll be shortly.

Around the Network

I read that the PS3 one just went into the certification process, so I hope that it comes soon, although the recent patch has improved connection times massively

Sounds awsome, Ps3's patch entered the certification process a couple days ago. 360's took about 2 weeks and fourzerotwo is expecting a faster certification from Sony. I'm really looking forward to the sniper/acog fix, muting players, and Host migration. :)

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Unlimited sprint?! Does that get rid of the conditioning perk then?!?

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

quarashi said:
Unlimited sprint?! Does that get rid of the conditioning perk then?!?

The unlimited sprint only applies to Oldcore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Oldcore doesn't have perks or you have to pick them up in the game.

Around the Network

Well the optimizations are already in the PC version. I'm sure the rest will be updated on Steam shortly. I'm curious: Do console owners have the Winter Crash map in CoD4?

i have played a lot of CoD but never seen Winter Crash. I do stick mainly to domination and hardcore DM/domination - dunno what game type that map is for.

and Dogs is right about how oldcore game mode works

muting players will be a great addition

whats the acog/sniper fix?

and host migration, ITS ABOUT TIME!

@dgm, sniper/acog fix should eliminate the ghost bullets during online play, not everyone experiences it but its when you line up a shot with a scope and shoot only to see the bullet for some reason never registers.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
dgm6780 said:
i have played a lot of CoD but never seen Winter Crash. I do stick mainly to domination and hardcore DM/domination - dunno what game type that map is for.

Ah. Winter Crash is a map we got on December 20. It's basically just Crash but with a Christmas theme (giant Christmas tree in the center, bunch of Christmas lights, snow on the ground and falling, it's at night, and airstrikes will be Santa flying over saying "Ho ho ho" then bombing you haha).

naznatips said:
dgm6780 said:

Ah. Winter Crash is a map we got on December 20. It's basically just Crash but with a Christmas theme (giant Christmas tree in the center, bunch of Christmas lights, snow on the ground and falling, it's at night, and airstrikes will be Santa flying over saying "Ho ho ho" then bombing you haha).

That sounds pretty cool.