By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mafia Round 70 - Smash Brothers - Wahahaha! Wario Wins! (And Mafia Too I Guess...)

@spurge
Hylian could be a mafia Godfather. I am pretty sure you know what a Godfather is.
As for me suspecting Hylian too townie for me and for me that is a bad sign.

Around the Network

This exchange between Spurge and Radish concerns me greatly. However, both of them have been posting quite a bit and have made some good points, so right now I'm more concerned about some of the less active players. I'll be sure to question Smeags some more on Monday when he comes back proper, and as for Khan I agree that we can't be sure if his read is accurate. However what else do we have aside from that currently? I say we believe Khan's claim on Hylian unless they make questionable comments with an inconsistent story.

Also I've been thinking about the WhiteEagle "death" a bit more. Maybe he's having to set up his role which takes him away from the game for a day? Seems unlikely but as with Khan's reverse commuter theory, and ofcourse the possibility of him just dying (but why no flip?), it's a good idea for me and for the rest of town to consider all angles with what limited information we have.

Right now it seems the best targets are Spurge, Radish and Smeags. Smeags for the information moreso than anything else, but what's to say he isn't a Jester; perhaps with a post restriction so he has to be vague? (Or maybe it's just Smeags being Smeags). Radish for his inconsistent story (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6740628) and Spurge for his abrasive attitude and knowledge of Radish (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6740041). Also if Wii Fit Trainer could go into a little more depth then that would be great!

I realize some of this is repeated from last night, but thought it best to just reaffirm some points.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Stefl1504 said:
I demand a serious nameclaim by Smeags, not a one packaged in joking or something else, not one that is defined by "what he does" or some random shit, and not something that is open to interpretation.

Demand?

DEMAND?!

Phhhhhbbbbtt!

Well done for making me look like an idiot Smeags.

Now who's the jester, huh?

Conegamer said:
Well done for making me look like an idiot Smeags.

Now who's the jester, huh?

You said it, not me.

Around the Network

Ugh...Nickles, you were right, I was tunneling Khan. All the more I'll say on the matter is that I'm really disappointed his PM didn't say more. I thought for sure it was going to give more info, like what item I was holding that would give a flavor hint to who I was, and that would help us confirm that he's indeed who he says he is. I do believe his story though. I respect that you don't, however, it will be frustrating not having all of town trust our own cop.

Khan, I'm sorry. For the record, I'm inclined to believe your power isn't entirely useless. I maintain that I don't like how you played the first day, but your story does hold together, so I believe you. I think the whole item thing is probably just a flavor explanation of how Marth can be a cop. You probably won't see an item unless you actually find scum.

Also, Nickles, I seriously need to start trusting your gambits more. When padib made this post actually calling out what you were doing, implying that he was aware of it and still stroking your ego, made me think he wouldn't do that as scum, so I honestly thought he was the least suspicious of the 4. I guess he really was that dumb to be fully aware of what you were doing and still walk right into your trap. Never underestimate padib's recklessness. Never underestimate Nickle's gambits.

How's that Eric poking going prof? Any response yet?

yes, I demand it

Vote: Smeags

NoCtiS_NoX said:
@spurge
Hylian could be a mafia Godfather. I am pretty sure you know what a Godfather is.
As for me suspecting Hylian too townie for me and for me that is a bad sign.

Too townie? That's unfair. Nickles is extremely townie too and you don't suspect him. Why?

spurgeonryan said:
@cone

My abrasive.....whaaa? More allegations with nothing to back it up. And my knowlege is of past games. Do you actually folow any games you have played?

Your posting style is very similar to that of the previous game. With that being the only game I've played with you, and in that game you being Mafia, I'm drawing the only parallel that I can. Posts like this one and this one and this one are good examples. There's a lot of baseless allegations there too; a lot of short posts where you're saying the person is wrong and then immediately deflection attention from yourself. It's suspicious given the experience I've had thus far, is all. And as you know, I also find Radish suspicious and I don't want to argue with you because it will get us nowhere. 

Also, it's amusing how you ask if I follow the games (which I do, I've read through the thread several times as you would imagine) then immediately make this post. Perhaps you should consider taking your own advice and follow the thread to check for yourself, you know. 

But whilst you're here, why don't you give us a bit more information about your character since you're so keen to hear about everyone else? It's only polite to take the first step when you ask, after all.