By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny Update 1.0.2 Live

JayWood2010 said:

THe loot system certainly was one of them.  There should never have been Rare's coming from legendaries, and it should never have taken them this long to update it to fix that.  I've had 7 legendary drops.  6 of them turned into Rare, and 1 of them was legendary.....but for a class I dont even use.  All my armor comes from me buying them.  You understand that a lot of people arent going to play months on end, but will only play for the first few weeks of the game's life if they arent happy.  And then removing the loot cave, that people liked probably wasnt the best idea either.

The drop rate itself is/was fine.  Its what came out of them that wasnt

Apparently the loot system is perfect and needs no changes, unless Bungie decides to change something, THEN its perfect and nothing is wrong with it (until the next change).

Also, you touch on another glaring flaw in the game. Why are we getting shit for other classes, if there is no way to gift/trade? I am not going to bother with this game long enough to level up a Hunter or Titan. So either just give me Warlock shit, or let me trade/gift. That's just one of the many social aspects this "social game" is missing.

I agree the drop rate was fine, but I never had a problem with RNG either. It was exciting to take 4-5 blues to the Cryptarc and have no idea if you're going to get a legendary. I can see why it would bother some people though. Now they are apparently adding more blue and purple drops to some of the strikes, that's great. Next they just need to fix the shard and energy issue, or allow us to grind for more marks to buy gear to break down into shards or energy.

And LOL @ someone saying fusion rifles/shotguns are skill weapons. Those are the 2 easiest weapons to use in PVP.

Around the Network

LudicrousSpeed said:

Apparently the loot system is perfect and needs no changes, unless Bungie decides to change something, THEN its perfect and nothing is wrong with it (until the next change).

Also, you touch on another glaring flaw in the game. Why are we getting shit for other classes, if there is no way to gift/trade? I am not going to bother with this game long enough to level up a Hunter or Titan. So either just give me Warlock shit, or let me trade/gift. That's just one of the many social aspects this "social game" is missing.

I agree the drop rate was fine, but I never had a problem with RNG either. It was exciting to take 4-5 blues to the Cryptarc and have no idea if you're going to get a legendary. I can see why it would bother some people though. Now they are apparently adding more blue and purple drops to some of the strikes, that's great. Next they just need to fix the shard and energy issue, or allow us to grind for more marks to buy gear to break down into shards or energy.

And LOL @ someone saying fusion rifles/shotguns are skill weapons. Those are the 2 easiest weapons to use in PVP.

Why it is supposed to you play with more than one class... I have three.

About the shotgun and fusion... you need strategy to use them.. and in the case of fusion you need to predict how the enemie will move to kill it and because the cooldown if you miss you shot you are dead.

So yes... non-skilled players can't kill me with these weapons (unless of course they get me from back).

ethomaz said:

JayWood2010 said:

This is why i dont take you serious.  Not skilled enough?  IN about every game ive ever played i manage to get 2.0+ K/D.

Your K/D in Destiny is 0.68.  965 kills and 1425 deaths.  GG ethomaz.

So you continue to defend this game

JayWood2010 said:

This is why i dont take you serious.  Not skilled enough?  IN about every game ive ever played i manage to get 2.0+ K/D.

Your K/D in Destiny is 0.68.  965 kills and 1425 deaths.  GG ethomaz.

My kill death is wrong because sometimes I need to do something and get killed... others time I didn't bother enough... other I'm played to increase the grimorie like kill only with grenades so I got killed a lot... my kill death playing it is 2-3 most of time playing serious.

Now just because you are bad in PVP it is unbalanced?

Do you want to play with me? You choose my gears and I will show to you I can kill you with any.

JayWood2010 said:
ethomaz said:

JayWood2010 said:

Your K/D in Destiny is 0.68.  965 kills and 1425 deaths.
 GG ethomaz.

Holy shnikes. But.. non-skilled players can't kill him with the easiest weapons in the game to use. I mean, makes perfect sense.

And I just watched the video you linked. Holy shit. That's why I don't bother with PVP unless my PVE bounties are on cooldown. Shit is extremely unbalanced and just a mess. Etho's defending of the video is even more hilarious. Apparently that guy is one of the top PVP players around, and would be good with any gun. So it seems we should take his word about PVP over Ethomaz and his 0.68 K/D, right? Well even that amazing player is just agast at the ridiculous power of the weapon in PVP. Which should tell even the most hardcore defender of the game that something is up.

I love Destiny threads.

Around the Network

LudicrousSpeed said:

Holy shnikes. But.. non-skilled players can't kill him with the easiest weapons in the game to use. I mean, makes perfect sense.

And I just watched the video you linked. Holy shit. That's why I don't bother with PVP unless my PVE bounties are on cooldown. Shit is extremely unbalanced and just a mess. Etho's defending of the video is even more hilarious. Apparently that guy is one of the top PVP players around, and would be good with any gun. So it seems we should take his word about PVP over Ethomaz and his 0.68 K/D, right? Well even that amazing player is just agast at the ridiculous power of the weapon in PVP. Which should tell even the most hardcore defender of the game that something is up.

I love Destiny threads.

lol

I will give you a example...

I play games like to increase the grimoire just to kill guys with headshots... I aim and go for headshots for full matches and get killed a lot... or when I'm doing some bounties in PVP like kills 30 guys with grenades... I got killed a lot.

I'm fine with my performance and it is not because the game is unbalanced.

Totally dude. And I have totally never heard the "when i play serious i dominate!" type excuses either.

So apparently the PVP is perfectly balanced and awesome and one of the best ever, and yet you spend a vast majority of your time in it just fucking around.

Makes sense.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Totally dude. And I have totally never heard the "when i play serious i dominate!" type excuses either.

So apparently the PVP is perfectly balanced and awesome and one of the best ever, and yet you spend a vast majority of your time in it just fucking around.

Makes sense.

Where I wrote I dominate? lol

I'm avereage player... I said you will have hard to kill me with these "unbalanced" weapons lol because you know it is not unbalanced.

I play based in my mood for fun... am I not allowed to play light just for fun?

LudicrousSpeed said:

Oh yes lol  Kirby mT (Guy in the video) has a 1.80 K/D with the most OP weapon in the game and somehow he becomes one of the world's best players xD  Well i guess that is godlike compared to 0.68

ethomaz said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I play based in my mood for fun... am I not allowed to play light just for fun?

Im glad youre having fun, but im certainly not going to take you seriously when youre bad at the game.  That's like me taking someone serious in Killer Instinct when their record is 10 wins and 100 losses.  Obviously they dont know how to play that well or they wouldnt be playing that bad.  

Looking at your stats you remind me of people who just runs out in the middle of everything and feeds the other team.  And i certainly wouldnt call that average either.