By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Phoenix Games bringing AAA games to the Wii!!!

LMAO at the 7 clever boys.

And God damn those phoenix games clips in youtube are hilarious.

My favourite so far is Mouse Police http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=oD6CTglMUh0

Paid by the alliance
to slay all the giants.

Around the Network

Joke thread? 'Cause hahahahahaha

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

These games Triple-AAA....LOL

Riot Of The Blood said:
brute said:
man these shovelware need to stop

That's what Nintendo made the Wii for. Not everyone has 20m dollars to spend on making a game. If you don't want to be bothered with it, there are other consoles available that have less of it.

ok but what if u take those 12 games (AAA <whatever) and spend all that money to make an actual AAA TP game?

Riot Of The Blood said:
brute said:
man these shovelware need to stop

That's what Nintendo made the Wii for. Not everyone has 20m dollars to spend on making a game. If you don't want to be bothered with it, there are other consoles available that have less of it.

I agree.  I also don't think it's fair for people to brag about the Wii having the lowest development cost and then turn around and complain about the types of games that come from developers who take advantage of that low cost.

Around the Network

This crap is seriously going to kill the Wii.

Conspiracy
UFO
Destineer
Phoenix

Four publishers to avoid like the plague. They publish absolutely nothing but crap shovelware these days. No wonder the Wii has the lowest average score for it's games--it has all this crap destroying it.

The leading console always seems to have the most shovelware, but does anyone else think that the Wii has an unusually large percentage of games that are shovelware?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Average score means nothing. The number of games with 85+ rating is all that matters.

FaithRaven said:
Average score means nothing. The number of games you have interest in is all that matters.

fixed.

stclam said:

I want to see the Wii Box cover.  Hopefully it is better than this!

And what with 3+?  Clever Boys too mature for 2 year olds?

Unfortunately, Nintendo learn a lesson (wrongly, of course) back in its NES/SNES.  At that time it DID control the third party crap.  Others did not (Sega, PS) and the third parties shifted over to those machines.  Of course, crap per Nintendo back then is now rated Teen+/R now.

That's the problem with 'crap'.  It depends on the one looking at it to say how 'crappy' it is.  To a 3-5 year old, (and their parents), most X360/PS3 games are crap.  Even if they look great.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.