By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Shadow of Mordor’s Spectacular Benchmark Clocks 73 FPS on a GTX 970 at Maximum Settings

Hmm, is it only me of the video doesn't run smooth?

It feels choopy, with a lot of stutter.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

yea, well the video quality is pretty bad (even if it's "1080p") aswell

he might have captured it as low bitrate 1080p 60fps video, which then got reencoded by youtube into a 30fps video - all those steps might have introduced this stutter (or the framerate varies a lot, but the timeline in the video says it doesn't)

Lafiel said:
JEMC said:

yea, well the video quality is pretty bad (even if it's "1080p") aswell

he might have captured it as low bitrate 1080p 60fps video, which then got reencoded by youtube into a 30fps video - all those steps might have introduced this stutter (or the framerate varies a lot, but the timeline in the video says it doesn't)

So the game runs smooth but the video of it is shitty.

Gotcha, thanks.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The 970 is a fantastic card. I'll buy one if I find somebody visiting the US soon. Don't expect a price cut anytime soon.

Game runs fine on my 7970 with 14.4 drivers so I'm not surprised the 970 nails it.

Around the Network

Here are my benchmarks. 71.32 FPS on Ultra Settings ( No HD Texture Pack )

AMD 8350 Vishera / AMD Radeon 7970GHZ Edition 3GB / 8GB G.Skill Sniper Series 1866

I will play this Game on PS4 at 1080p at 60fps unlocked, it's enough :)

Don't need to spend 500-800$ for a new GPU to have 73 fps...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Medium textures are actually worse than what PS4 uses, basically you need 4 GB now for running multiplatform on par with consoles. And if you want to have extra IQ you'll either need to wait for next generation of videocards beyond 9xx or buy two because like Leadbetter says single GTX 980 is already obsolette in terms of going for ultra, unless you can deal with lot of stuttering.

the-pi-guy said:
Nate4Drake said:

I will play this Game on PS4 at 1080p at 60fps unlocked, it's enough :)

Don't need to spend 500-800$ for a new GPU to have 73 fps...

That GPU costs 330$.  

The e-tailer also mentions pricing, stating that the GTX 970 would cost 19-22K Philippine Pesos which amount to 430 to 500 US Dollars and the GTX 980 would cost 31-34K which amounts to 700 to 770 US Dollars. These are quite higher than the previously rumored $499 and $399 for the GTX 980 and GTX 970 respectively. The leaked MSRPs by the e-tailer might end up being pre-order prices which are usually quite inflated so I’d take them with a grain of salt.

http://wccftech.com/geforce-gtx-970-980-pricing-leaked-399-499-zotac-gtx-970-pictured/

This is why I said 500-800$.

Even if it's 400-650$ for for the GTX 970 and GTX 980 respectively, I would never spend that amount of money to have 73fps. PS4 is enough.

But it's just me, I'm mostly a console Gamer.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

the-pi-guy said:
Nate4Drake said:

This is why I said 500-800$.

Even if it's 400-650$ for for the GTX 970 and GTX 980 respectively, I would never spend that amount of money to have 73fps. PS4 is enough.

But it's just me, I'm mostly a console Gamer.

Ahhh gotcha.  Fair enough, just showing some facts.  

I'm mostly a console gamer myself.  

OMG, I didn't know it was so cheap :)     Sure Nvidia and AMD didn't sell that much if they are going with this pricing now.

Harriet Tubman.