By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nexis Games is the developer of U Craft, a Minecraft clone, coming to the Nintendo e shop

Nexis Games is Developing U Craft, a Minecraft Clone, for the eShop

Posted Mon 29th Sep 2014 17:05 by Thomas Whitehead

Aiming for before Christmas

In recent days a game called U Craft was partially announced, a title described as a "Minecraft clone"; in the absence of Mojang's title on Wii U — which is surely even less likely since Microsoft acquired the company — this is clearly aiming to fill that gap. In the absence of a named developer, however, we were uncomfortable reporting on the project.

We can now reveal that the developer of this title is Nexis Games; the developer recently made its début on Wii U with BrickBlast U!, of which we were very critical in our review, and is also working on another project called Dance of the Damned. The screenshot above is the latest in-progress image, and the developer has informed us that he hopes — but can't promise with 100% certainty — to release U Craft before Christmas this year.

It's undoubtedly an ambitious project for such a small and relatively inexperienced studio; the proof, as always, will be in the final game.

Are you intrigued by this project or concerned that it won't have the necessary building blocks for a solid foundation? Let us know.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/nexis_games_is_developing_u_craft_a_minecraft_clone_for_the_eshop

How do you think this will turn out?

Around the Network

Notch allowed this stuff. Now don't be surprised if your Minecraft clone lands you a massive lawsuit, especially if you're actually advertising it as such.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

If they couldn't make a satisfactory brick breaking game, then color me skeptical about their chances of pulling off a Minecraftalike.

Based on Brick Blast and the developers comments re poor reviews - I would not get my hopes up - the guy and his work to date are pure bush league - It all seems a little shady IMO. I would not touch this game

I never understood why minecraft is so popular anyway and why some people want a clone of this game on wii u...

Its funny to see some people complaining on how bad the game will be when the original is already very bad ...you dont have to be a very big developper to release game of this quality....

Around the Network

I don't understand why people think this will get them sued. There are several successful minecraft clones on xbox live arcade, but none of them come close to bringing the experience that minecraft does.

The only way I see MS suing is if they come up with a redstone alternative that is really close to what minecraft offers.

For the most part, minecrafters that have been crafting for about 3 years, such as myself, will never give up minecraft for something inferior.

They would have to add an amazing survival, crafting, farming, and mining aspect to the game for it to even be comparable. If it's only creative, it's more of a clone of other minecraft clones.

I have a few clones on 360 and none of them come close to bringing the experience minecraft does. All this suing talk is nonsense. And anyone that thinks this will be anything close to what minecraft offers will most likely be upset.