By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think the remaining Wii userbase will finally goto the Wii U this holiday?

Will they *ever* get a Wii U?

Yes -- most obvious choice 46 32.86%

No -- PS3/Xbox 360 will interest them more 3 2.14%

No -- PS4/Xbox One will interest them more 26 18.57%

No -- new gaming needs ar... 8 5.71%

No -- mobile tablet master race 57 40.71%

Total:140

They'll go, at least the dedicated Nintendo fans. Smash and MK are already out there. But I doubt it will be something of monumental proportions.

The rest of the Wii gamers will split between X1 and PS4. Or not buy anything at all.

Around the Network
fleischr said:

...and I'm not talking about the early majority of Wii buyers -- we're talking the folks, who in the last year or two, have willingly bought Wii versions of Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Just Dance and scraped through the bargain bin for Lego games, movie/cartoon licensed-games, along with a couple Ninty games like MK Wii or NSMB Wii....

...I figure these kinds of consumers to be laggards. They've opted for a more affordable console with an established selection of titles available for a cheaper price. To this point obviously haven't cared that the content is HD or not. However, when there are no more titles available for them on the Wii, what will they do?

I feel as if they don't go for the Wii U, they may go for the 360 or PS3 for similiar reasons as they got the Wii in the first place. Otherwise, there's other reasons of course they may go for X1 or PS4 instead. Additionally, it may be the case the gaming needs are met by 3DS or even iOS/Android...

No, the console is just too expensive, the bundles are great but the perceived price is too high, Nintendo should put out a 250 U$ bundle with an old Lego title, like The hobbit to take advantage of the 3rd movie this holiday. It needs a bigger price difference to get more of the Wii userbase onboard, right now people look at the options and they don't see Wii U +2 games at 300 vs PS4 without games at 400. They only see at 300 with litle hype vs 400 with a lot of hype.

Honestly, I say no. The odds are in PS4's favor. That is the current hot. The Wii base was segmented when phones could be used to play games, with everything else. Then on top of that. Nintendo failed with the Gamepad. So the rest of the people, who don't believe in it, and have no loyalty for their game brands, skip it for the other consoles. It's two years, and it hasn't happened yet. Very few main Nintendo staples are left to come out.