By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you trust Ebay?

kingofwale said:
cool48 said:

I was wondering how many people trust/buy from ebay.

My mom goes crazy on that site from buying collectibles to doing her holiday shopping but I wasn't sure if I should trust it for more expensive items.

Ex: I want to buy 2GB of ram and I can get it for only 60$ + shipping but then how does the waranty work or what if for some reason the item doesn't work?

What do you guys think?

with 60 feedback on eBay, I think I can say that I trust eBay. lol

BUt what you have to ask yourself is, do you trust the SELLER. The seller you mentioned seems to be credible. so I'd go for it

but if it only costs you 10-20 bucks more to get it at store, I'd rather got it from there, in case it breaks down in first week.

Actually I still use DDR1 ram so for 1gb at Tigerdirect it's 60$ so it's pretty much half price on ebay.

Around the Network

Well, I bought a memory stick for 80 bucks (store sells it for 120 at the time), and I got a fake

my first and only time I got pwned by eBay.

P.S. just got Papaton, I'm going to go and play it now 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

Well, I bought a memory stick for 80 bucks (store sells it for 120 at the time), and I got a fake

Oh man I didn't get that game yet, I gotta say ever since the GoW demo I'm more excited for that game but I'll be picking up Patapon for sure, soon.

I trust Ebay put I make sure that I can trust the seller either thru insurance or looking at their feedback. I got my Sega Saturn, 32X, Several Anime DVD's, and Posters of EBAY.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

cool48 said:
kingofwale said:

Oh man I didn't get that game yet, I gotta say ever since the GoW demo I'm more excited for that game but I'll be picking up Patapon for sure, soon.

Lol, I'm having a bit mixed view about this game so far. mostly since they don't really teach you anything and just throw you into the first level.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

You should check all the feedback.. if somebody has hundreds of comments and 98% of them are positive, I doubt the seller would risk all of that just to rip you off.

cool48 said:
epsilon72 said:
I trust ebay by itself - but you have to investigate the seller before you buy anything from there.

I've sold/bought quite a few items on ebay - the only problem I had was when I was dumb enough to buy a Sony psp memory stick without taking into account the fact that the seller was in Hong Kong.

NEVER buy anything from sellers in Hong Kong.

Why what happened?

They sent me a counterfeit, inoperable product.  After I got my money back they tried to exploit ebay's payment system to get me to pay for it again (it didn't work).

After that, they'd email me once a week for two months asking for positive feedback.  I did not give them negative feedback because they'd retaliate with unjustified negative feedback towards me, and of course I did not want to give them positive feedback either.  I'm so glad sellers can't do that anymore (at least, they won't be able to soon).

I trust ebay, if you buy something and it is not what you ordered or it is broken you just need to complain and you get your money back. And never buy anything from Asian countries.

I do not trust Ebay.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

I got about 30 games, a 100$ Virtual Boy, a 100$ NES top loader, a 100$ Game and Watch and a ton of cloths from ebay,, no complaints. In fact I encourage it.