By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Smash Bros. Week 1 Sales

What do you think the odds are of Smash Bros. Week 1 WW sales topping Halo 3's Week 1 WW sales?

Halo 3
Japan - 62,415
NA - 2,844,837
Others - 881,740

Total =  3,788,992

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Japan - 842,536
NA - ??
Others - ??

Total= ?? 

The difference right now is 2,946,456.  I don't remember where ioi wrote it but I remember a post of his about GTAIV preorders and SSBB preorders and the fact that SSBB preorders were over a million.  Since I can't find that post i'm not sure if he meant over a million in NA+Others or just one of them.  If the preorders are that high though it's possible i'd say for Brawl to get over 3 million in NA+Others Week 1.

I'd say the chances of Brawl beating Halo's opening week are pretty good.  We don't have week 1 data for Melee or the original Smash Bros. but both did better overall in NA so i'd say the userbase is definitely there for a massive week 1 and if Others can do close to Japan numbers or even better since it has a larger userbase there it should happen.

Around the Network

Yeah It might but it would be really close.

I say 650K

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
I say 650K

If people already preordered 1 million how is it 650k unless you are talking about the difference between the two games?

Started already... sorry. Link.

I was going to bring it back up once SSB:B was released in NA.

I think it's going to be really close. 

Around the Network

I'll go crazy and say 2 million.

sc94597 said:
kingofwale said:
I say 650K

If people already preordered 1 million how is it 650k unless you are talking about the difference between the two games?

I was talking about first week sale, (not including pre-orders)

did it already have over 1 million pre-order? link please? 

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
sc94597 said:
kingofwale said:
I say 650K

I was talking about first week sale, (not including pre-orders)

did it already have over 1 million pre-order? link please?

Ask azrm2k that is what he said in the op. 

Found ioi's post

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17280

"Brawl Preorders (which are well over 1m!)"

well over 1 million? The only thing is i'm not sure judging by that topic whether he means over a million in NA+Others or just one. Even if we assume he means both that means about two weeks ago there were "well over a million" preorders. If more people preordered and you count the ppl just showing up and buying without a preorder this could be interesting....

azrm2k said:
Found ioi's post

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=17280

"Brawl Preorders (which are well over 1m!)"

well over 1 million? The only thing is i'm not sure judging by that topic whether he means over a million in NA+Others or just one. Even if we assume he means both that means about two weeks ago there were "well over a million" preorders. If more people preordered and you count the ppl just showing up and buying without a preorder this could be interesting....

Thanks. I lower my prediction to 510k then. ;)

selnor
Episode 2: