By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X1 Free Game promotion was a success in the USA.

I'll just assume PS4's numbers are undertracked and hope Xbone's are just right :)

Around the Network
ICStats said:
What do you guys think the sales will be in the following week?

I think PS4 is likely to stay around 300k and XB1 around 100k or below.

You are talking worlwide I am guessing..    which is kinda off topic for his convo..  BUT.. I think the Destiny bump is going to DROP more then we think. After release much of the press was negative (Not warrented in my opinion.. enjoying it on my PS4)..       

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

fleischr said:
Not surprised. X1 still has a good rapport with many customers in the US. A quality free game sweetens deal alot and made X1 a better value propisition than PS4. Additionally MS offered $50 gift cards on top of the free game promo which I think got lots of would be buyers off the fence quickly.

No there is a lot more to value thyen the dollar amount, if someone has no interest in x1 how would adding 1 free game in make it a better value proposition? It isn;t that simple. Somew might still see PS4 as the better value for there money, same reason iphone sells more then cheaper phones.

Lol I'll wait for NDP

I used to trust VGchartz but the degree of PS4 under tracking and refusal to adjust total PS4 sales to 10 million after the official announcements made VG lose too much credibility imo.

I just ignore their numbers now, but I like game forums.

Ka-pi96 said:
IamTheEndVoid said:
fleischr said:
Not surprised. X1 still has a good rapport with many customers in the US. A quality free game sweetens deal alot and made X1 a better value propisition than PS4. Additionally MS offered $50 gift cards on top of the free game promo which I think got lots of would be buyers off the fence quickly.

No there is a lot more to value thyen the dollar amount, if someone has no interest in x1 how would adding 1 free game in make it a better value proposition? It isn;t that simple. Somew might still see PS4 as the better value for there money, same reason iphone sells more then cheaper phones.

Yeah but.... about 99% of people that have no interest in the Xbox One also have no interest in the PS4. Most people have some interest in both of them and just buy whichever is cheaper/better value/has better/more games/better marketing or the one their friends have.

I don't agree at all, there are many that already know what system they are getting and have there mind made up, all the free game promo did was get those who were already going to get an X1 finally make the plinge on the deal. Everyone I know already has their mind on PS4 and have zero interest in a X1, regardless of any promotions.

Around the Network

Yeah it definitely was and I'm assuming Destiny was most peoples game of choice?
I'd imagine XB1 version will take a huge hit in next weeks sales. No more free game promo +XB1 trailing behind PS4 + Destiny internet backlash = Recipe for biggest drop-off ever IMO.

Wow people are desperate for positive Xbox One sales. There are so many of them.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

One free game (and others discount/deals on top of that) did indeed good...for this one week.

But September NPD is comprised of 5 weeks.

ps3-sales! said:
Wow people are desperate for positive Xbox One sales. There are so many of them.

Wow dude.  ridiculous comment here.  x1 free game promotion WAS a success in the usa. no matter how you look at it.

Praise the One.

PS4 is massively undertracked for the week here at VGC. NPD results will be awesome.