By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This just in: Destiny is fun to play

I imagine the critique is not whether it might be fun for a while or not, but thinking of the 10 year plan.

I don't know when new content will be coming out and how big it will be, but do you think you will still be playing this game and having fun with it "X" months into the future while you wait for this new content. And will this new content then sate your needs and let you continue playing this game and having FUN for "X" months until the new content after that comes out.

If you havne't ever played MMO's before, welcome. Good luck. Hopefully Destiny becomes your WoW, but most likely it will be one of thousands of MMO's to be lost and forgotten after a few months.

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
Mr Puggsly said:
DialgaMarine said:
The game is a tad iffy at first, but once you get into the swing of things, you find the amount of content and potential hours of gameplay to be just phenomenal. I just reached Lvl 20, and I'm only getting started. Once the add-ons start coming and the content just piles on, this game will be a phenomenal beast.

Potential hours of gameplay is high because it takes a lot of hours to achieve some goals.

Unfortunately, you'll be grind that same tedious tasks over and over to achieve higher ranks and hopefully get some decent loot. This is what's turning people off.

If it's the grinding that people hate, then they will hate pretty much hate 99.9% of RPGs, thus their opinion of a particular RPG is null and void. The game at least offers enough environment and mission variation to prevent from getting too repetitive. Sure, you'll still eventually find yorself rinsing and repeating to get the good stuff, but, as I mentioned already, that's pretty much every decent RPG ever. Destiny is just one of those games people have to be patient with. It's designed to be a super expansive universe, and what's already there is a decent enough start. I'm lvl 24 now, and I'm still enjoying kicking ass in the crucible, running strikes with friends, and exploring the worlds through patrols. So are the millions of other people who are still playing the game. 

Personally, I would give this game a solid 8.5 / 10

Plus, being completely homnest, it's far better than any Halo, and I hope Bungie sticks with it. 

RPG's dont' require grinding, thats MMO's.  You don't need to grind in most RPG's.  You can usually easily just go through the story and beat the game at some low level like lvl 40 when max level is 100.  Grinding in RPG's usually just leads to the game being boring, not only because of the grinding but because you get to be super powerful and the game is too easy.  I've ruined a few RPG's in my time by grinding, or leveling up too much and then wondering why i didn't enjoy the game at all.  Hard to enjoy it when your basically a walking god in the game.  

Thus as we all know this is a MMO shooter more than a RPG shooter.  RPG shooter would be like a mass effect.  

The critique is because of the deal they made about the 500 million dollars.
When you say that number, you make people think they will get something much better than "just fun, I guess it is ok, good"

Is it possible to play it using PC?

the story however sucks ass. I just don't understand what the fuck the point of any of it is. What is the darkness exactly? what is their motive? why does the darkness fight amongst itself? What is the traveller? Who created it and who created the darkness? Why do they battle? why does it chase the traveller? Like this whole game has no lore just questions upon questions that made me hate how suddenly it all ended.

But it was super fun to play with friends. Especially the strikes on heroic: 'what? you died? fucking noob.' (dies 1 second after sentence leaves mouth*)

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

Around the Network

I got confused in destiny and had to go online because I confused what ghosts are (the vehicles long in Halo) with what are ghosts in Destiny. Lol, not, moment of the night.

Sure if you think endless horde mode is fun. Then yes it's a 10/10 game in fun.

The gameplay is fun but the game structure and yhe lacklusture mission design that blows this game and make it boring to me.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

I love lose these people say something like. Its Exploration is not as good as Skyrim, its Pvp is not as good as Halo's, its RPG elements are not as deep as Balder's Gate, it does not have as much Content as WoW and oh ya what game is not fun with friends.

Ok so. Start with Skyrim. Yes it has better exploration. But it does not do. PvP, Co-op, well heck ONLINE, nor is the core gameplay nearly as good (Pausing every minute to reasign skills, come on man dont argue this)

Halo. Halo has a chapter base story, it is told better than Destiny's, but guess what its solo... you cant play it with friend and your progress in it is mutually exclusive to what you do in PvP. Also Halo has very few RPG elements. But ya Halo does 1 or 2 things better than Destiny, but Destiny does things Halo does not even try

And with WoW(or add most other MMOs), for God's sake please stop calling Destiny an MMO people. Yes WoW has tons more content... if you like smashing a keyboard to get a bunch of skills on a global cooldown, or if you like fishing, or run to the AH or to the get mats to upgrade your crafting then yes it has more content. And ya none of that is in no way griding. Destiny sucks because you have to kill alot of enemies in action packed missions to get more loot.... yep THATS grinding.

The reviews dont work for this game because reviewers do what I showed above. They compare each part of Destiny with a game they does one thing well. Nothing is going beat each game that is best in genre at its own genre while trying such a variety of gameplay. Destiny pulls off each Genre it attempts, and each is fun.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut