By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anybody else looking forward to CoD5?

Rented CoD3 and I wasn't a big fan.  But I am looking forward to Call of Duty 5 on the Wii.  If they learned from MOH:H2 controls then it could be a solid game.  Obviously i'm not a fan of yet another generic WWII shooter which is probably what Treyarch is going to throw our way but it's better than nothing and i'm thinking a bit more longterm. 

Infinity Ward for whatever reason didn't touch the Wii with CoD4.  Even the DS got a port (albeit from another developer).  I'm hoping if CoD5 is good and sales go well the Wii could get more FPS support.  Obviously its FPS will never compete with 360/PS3 in terms of graphics but the controls in MOH are so solid i'd be willing to play with toned down textures and whatnot.

Around the Network

I think im going to wait till CoD6 comes out. CoD3 was just terrible, confusing maps, clunky vehicles, complicated class system. If CoD5 is anything like that then ill pass.

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

is CoD5 coming to Wii at all?

Frankly, I have no interest in going BACK to WWII shooter, so I think I will just skip CoD5 altogether.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I only know two things about this game:

1. Treyarch
2. WWII

That's enough for me to boycott it right there.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Nah, especially since there will already be a lot of better shooters released.

Around the Network

First, the DS version was not a port-there's a big difference.
Secondly, I fully convinced myself that the Wii version will suck hard because it'll likely be some PS2 cash-in so no.

No thanks; I've had my fill of WWII shooters. Ask me again when a dev makes a good Korean War shooter.

If it goes back to WW2 hell no