By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Sales Up 300% in the UK thanks to Destiny, outsells X1 2:1

But multiplats don't sell XB1's?????

Around the Network
dreamcast210 said:

Will this game carry it through the holiday? That must be Sony's plan because what else do they have lined up as system sellers.

Now, I look at Microsoft and the two bundles they are offering in the upcoming months. Is that a better strategy to maintain increased sales?

Time will tell. Sony bet the farm on PS4, and so far, they're winning the bet.

PS4 has a Driveclub bundle in EU (October)

And most people think there will be a GTA V one in November (maybe global)

Seece said:

Who ever said they don't...?

Other than maybe FW, but i can't believe anyone would seriously make a reverse context generalization about anything he says lol.

I can't wait to see the final numbers!

dreamcast210 said:

Will this game carry it through the holiday? That must be Sony's plan because what else do they have lined up as system sellers.

Now, I look at Microsoft and the two bundles they are offering in the upcoming months. Is that a better strategy to maintain increased sales?

Time will tell. Sony bet the farm on PS4, and so far, they're winning the bet.

Yeah that MS CoD bundle could potentially give the XOne the victory for that week despite the declining sales of the overall franchise. However I think LBP3 would be able to boost the PS4 more then SO could boost the XOne.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
walsufnir said:
Marketing partnership between Sony and Activision payed off, obviously. Money spent well.

dont fret, im sure ms will out mony hat sony easily nuff.  

FFXV timed exclusive! Calling it now.

Zekkyou said:
Seece said:

Who ever said they don't...?

Other than maybe FW, but i can't believe anyone would seriously make a reverse context generalization about anything he says lol.

If you actually made me go back and check, I count at least 30+ people in the last year. It gets said by a tonne of people here and is pretty much the standard of what people believe. They're not alts either.

So that means that all the exclusive advertising for Destiny on PS4 was actually very decisive at selling hardware, considering the huge advantage it had in terms of hardware. Software, not so much, but still a win over the competition. Good.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Seece said:

For now they do. X1 needs to start be more competitive with these kinds of boosts otherwise it may begin to lose some 3rd party support like they have in Japan.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Sometimes i wonder how much of it was Destiny and how much was it the Sexy White PS4, certainly a winning combination.