By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Romantic Advice Thread

Tagged games:

NiKKoM said:
trashleg said:

Have you thought about asking her for her number? Or am I being too early-2000s?

We're still at the point before... ANYTHING..

Hey now, i did ask her out. Circumstances merely colluded leading her to forget (or she's not interested which... at this point i just want this resolved one way or another. Level 2 or game over, either's fine), so i just have to do it again.

Tomorrow for sure.

Unless she skips class again <_>

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

My, I had no idea you were such the anxious sort Mr. Khan!
Whatever you do, don't accuse her/make her feel guilty of missing the first arrangement you had. Just ask again "Hey, would you still like to go for coffee sometime? I think ___ would be a good day!"

So y'all will think i'm lying, but class was canceled outright today (the first time that's EVER HAPPENED, at least unscheduled like this)

Which would have been inconvenient for me anyway, since i wasn't aware of it ahead of time (could've slept in), but damn. Somebody upstairs is trying to stop this from happening, huh?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Aye, and it'll likely be impossible for me to catch her tomorrow because i've scheduled a lunch thingy (get paid to go attend an alumni reception. Sweet deal aside from missing her, plus the Smash Bros Direct around noon tomorrow)

At this point i'm starting to wonder if i shouldn't just try to contact her through other means, or would that still be too forward? This shit's taking too long, but that's because of minimal face-to-face contact during the week...

Around the Network

but you don't even know what to think of this girl.. you could post something on her facebook page like: " remember that coffee you promised me? how about ------day?"

don't send a message but post it on her wall..

Now she could turn you down for everyone to see but thats the risk we all mad in love persons take..
or her boyfriend responds to your post.. it happens

NiKKoM said:
but you don't even know what to think of this girl.. you could post something on her facebook page like: " remember that coffee you promised me? how about ------day?"

don't send a message but post it on her wall..

Now she could turn you down for everyone to see but thats the risk we all mad in love persons take..
or her boyfriend responds to your post.. it happens

Slow is still the way to go then, i guess, since i do keep forgetting that "taken" is still a possibility.

Fah. Well, maybe my boss won't let that other department "borrow" my services for that lunch tomorrow and i'll be able to catch her. Least this mess means i get to sleep in tomorrow.

Crazy day, ended okay, could've been better

Would've managed to pull something spectacular off if some guy hadn't been shadowing her. Had this lunch to go to, where i snuck off with a claim of going to the bathroom but ended up going back across the street to the actual grad school, to stage an intercept after she left her econ class. Had to come up with a crazy excuse that my mother called me to talk about credit card charges and that was why i was gone for 20 minutes. Found her, but there was this guy with her, one i've seen before.

On this suspicion, i asked a guy who i work with, and is in the class i share with her, as well as in her econ class, whether he knew if she was seeing anybody. He said no.

Later that day, after I got out of my 3 o'clock class (around 5:20), i spotted her way at the far end of the hallway, but was pulled away a classmate i was having a conversation with. Once he broke away from me, i turned back, going back to the third floor yet again. She was there, and i broached a conversation... only to discover that she had a Public Administration midterm in 15 minutes.

So i couldn't make the ask (it would be selfish to burden her thus, especially because i know that test is pretty labor-intensive) but i did actually talk today. So a small victory.

Yes.. Someone will probably use your posts to get a Restraining order someday.. Anyway so you had a few minutes chat? Good.. But let me guess.. It was about school? Anyway till the coffee thing happens you'll probably will talk to her more often.. Next time try to find something other to talk about: a festival/exhibition that is happening in town, a concert, maybe she's holding a novel and you "read" it too (its a tiny lie, just get a summary from the net).. Some crazy viral vdeo on the net. Keep it light but show interest in her words.. Don't just nod yes (thats for later in long term relationships) respond with a question.. End with: "i would love to learn more about it" or "thats amazing you know so much about it" ...make her feel good about the conversation.

Thats the tiny step to make a difference.. Remember not only do you wanna know her mind but she s gonna want to know yours.. Its a dance with two not just one..

And about the other guy.. You might wanna speed things up.. If i was at your school i probably wooed her, dated her, dumped her and trashleg would have punched me in the face during the month this thread has been going on.. You seem determend but its not uncommon a the moment supreme you take any excuse you find not to ask.. It happend to the best of us,