By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pachter hints at 'exciting' holiday promotion for X1, says potential buyers should wait

NobleTeam360 said:
wary-wallaroo said:
And the game of Limbo continues, how low can they go?

Honestly, aren't they risking devaluing the brand? At this point, anyone with a brain is probably thinking "hmmm, there's a new price cut/promotion every month, might as well wait till it's cheaper next month".

At this rate, I expect a $200 X1 by the end of next year and I see no reason why someone would jump in now. Might as well just wait.

What the hell are you talking about? Trying to get people to buy your console is a bad thing these days? I guess you just want MS to roll over and let the Xbox die, smh. 

Of course MS should continue to fight, but they should do it in a manner that doesn't alienate their hard core fans - those early adopters who bought the system in Nov. '13 without the benefit of a free game.

Did Sony ever bundle the PS3 with a free game when the 360 was kicking its ass???  Of course both systems bundled games for Black Friday, but MS continued the effort with their annual "Spring Bundles."

Bottom line, I predict both FH2 and SO will fail to live up to expectations as the XB1 hardcore fans, those early adopters, are not so keen on their system these days largely because they feel betrayed by MS proper.  Lastly, there will not be a FH3 or a SO2, because of this sentiment. 

Around the Network

With news like this... MS drops out of consoles this Christmas?

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Euphoria14 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

The price has never dropped, They just took Kinect out. So you are just able to get the bundle without kinect and they have been bundling games for sometime. So your just over hyping your arguement. A lot of people are actually making the jump and I don't see why they wouldn't this Holiday. They never had a price break, So all this talk about one, means you haven't been paying attention or want to trash MS...

The entry price certainly did drop.

Before it was $499 to jump into XB1 gaming. Now it is $399 to jump in. Saying they only removed Kinect doesn't change that fact.

Not that it isn't a good thing. I honestly believe dumping the whole notion of forcing a Kinect purchase on XB1 buyers was a great move.

Not really, Kinect with Xbox One is still $500 is it not?

Yes they have a cheaper model, still not a price break because they are taking out a expensive piece of the hardware.

DJEVOLVE said:
Euphoria14 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

The price has never dropped, They just took Kinect out. So you are just able to get the bundle without kinect and they have been bundling games for sometime. So your just over hyping your arguement. A lot of people are actually making the jump and I don't see why they wouldn't this Holiday. They never had a price break, So all this talk about one, means you haven't been paying attention or want to trash MS...

Before it was $499 to jump into XB1 gaming. Now it is $399 to jump in. Saying they only removed Kinect doesn't change that fact.

Not that it isn't a good thing. I honestly believe dumping the whole notion of forcing a Kinect purchase on XB1 buyers was a great move.

Yes they have a cheaper model, still not a price break because they are taking out a expensive piece of the hardware.

Ah yes, they most certainly did remove "an expensive piece of the hardware," or more precisely, they removed an expensive piece of gaming crap.

thismeintiel said:
starcraft said:

No Xbox One SKU has received a price cut since launch in the USA.

Cool story though!

What is it with some Xbox fans and their incessant battle to make people think that Xbox's never get a price cut?  You guys did the same thing last gen.  "Oh, it's not a price cut, they just replaced a SKU.  Man, Xbox hasn't got a price cut in 6 years."  You do realize that only people in your own fanbase buy that, right?

@ OP

I doubt there is much they can do to combat the massive boost the PS4 is going to get this holiday season.  Both MS and Sony are undoubtedly going to have Black Friday SKUs for $349, with or without a game.  The only thing that would help is if MS went even lower to $299.  Of course, I doubt they will do that.

Please point me to an official price cut on any SKU - then I will happily cede you the point

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
thismeintiel said:
starcraft said:

No Xbox One SKU has received a price cut since launch in the USA.

Cool story though!

What is it with some Xbox fans and their incessant battle to make people think that Xbox's never get a price cut?  You guys did the same thing last gen.  "Oh, it's not a price cut, they just replaced a SKU.  Man, Xbox hasn't got a price cut in 6 years."  You do realize that only people in your own fanbase buy that, right?

@ OP

I doubt there is much they can do to combat the massive boost the PS4 is going to get this holiday season.  Both MS and Sony are undoubtedly going to have Black Friday SKUs for $349, with or without a game.  The only thing that would help is if MS went even lower to $299.  Of course, I doubt they will do that.

Please point me to an official price cut on any SKU - then I will happily cede you the point

Was the entry price dropped?  Yes.  Was there ever a $399 SKU before the removal of Kinect?  Nope.  That means there was a price cut.  Just because they took out Kinect so they wouldn't lose so much money on the price cut doesn't mean there wasn't one.  You can use whatever weird reasoning that there wasn't a cut (like the SKU replacement BS from last gen), and you and some of the more zelous Xbox fans can agree.  But for me, the majority on this site, AND average customers everywhere, there WAS a price cut.  And that's all that counts.

The entire year has been filled with 'special' xbox promotions that haven't amounted to much.

DonFerrari said:
Well... people have already been holding on buying X1 for quite some time Patcher, no need to advise them on it.

True, bunch of 360 players yet to upgrade.

thismeintiel said:
starcraft said:
thismeintiel said:

@ OP

Was the entry price dropped?  Yes.  Was there ever a $399 SKU before the removal of Kinect?  Nope.  That means there was a price cut.  Just because they took out Kinect so they wouldn't lose so much money on the price cut doesn't mean there wasn't one.  You can use whatever weird reasoning that there wasn't a cut (like the SKU replacement BS from last gen), and you and some of the more zelous Xbox fans can agree.  But for me, the majority on this site, AND average customers everywhere, there WAS a price cut.  And that's all that counts.

I think perhaps you need to familiarise yourself with discussions more fully before entering into them.

No one in this thread, least of all me, has denied that the entry price for an Xbox One experience has lowered, officially, one time. As you point out, the original SKU remains at its launch price.

But what has occured in this thread, is the suggestion that Microsoft has in some way embarked upon a series of rash price cuts - something that is clearly untrue. Like-for-like, an Xbox One with Kinect costs what it always has. A Xbox One sans Kinect is offered at a lower price, that also hasn't moved.

You can say something over and over again, and many in this thread have, it won't make it more true. When you have people saying an Xbox One is going to cost $200 in twelve months time, you should probably be examining who's ideas you're getting into bed with

Edit: I see one person has claimed the entry price has not dropped - which is incorrect.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

DJEVOLVE said:
Euphoria14 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

It is still a reduced price for point of entry. At first you could only get the $500 SKU, then due to sales they removed Kinect in order to reduce the entry price and entice more people to buy in.

Either way you look at it they reduced the pricing due to $500 being too high.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!