By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 13 September 2014 (Destiny #1, PS4 46%)

Excellent for Destiny. Definitely a great shooter.

I hope all the whining in the press doesn't hurt its legs too much.

WatchDogs PS4 still in the top 10 is nice as well =)

Around the Network

95% is because of bundles

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

kowenicki said:
Yakuzaice said:
kowenicki said:

But the inference from this games sales actually prove that isnt the case.  It shows that a hugh percentage of PS3 owners have gone over.   And it hasn't been "shown" actually, its just sony marketing "saying" it... after all its a clever tactical thing to say that cant be proven or disproved.

360:PS3 in the UK is 1.5:1, this game on those platforms is 3.5:1 which can ONLY show that more PS3 owners have jumped to the new gen

If 360 owners havent jumped as much yet then we dont know where they will jump yet do we.

Why exactly do you think Destiny sales will line up exactly with hardware ratios?  When Borderlands 2 (a good comparison to Destiny genre wise) came out the 360 hardware sales were 55% higher than the PS3.  BL2 software sales were 220% higher on 360 in the UK.

I dont, I expected it to sell quite a bit better on the PS4 as it happens.

It has been HEAVILY marketed as a virtual exclusive in the UK.  Sony have spent big on this game.

Sony UK will likely be a tad disappointed.

And you base this on what? Besides your own hopes and dreams of course. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

kowenicki said:
Yakuzaice said:
kowenicki said:

But the inference from this games sales actually prove that isnt the case.  It shows that a hugh percentage of PS3 owners have gone over.   And it hasn't been "shown" actually, its just sony marketing "saying" it... after all its a clever tactical thing to say that cant be proven or disproved.

360:PS3 in the UK is 1.5:1, this game on those platforms is 3.5:1 which can ONLY show that more PS3 owners have jumped to the new gen

If 360 owners havent jumped as much yet then we dont know where they will jump yet do we.

Why exactly do you think Destiny sales will line up exactly with hardware ratios?  When Borderlands 2 (a good comparison to Destiny genre wise) came out the 360 hardware sales were 55% higher than the PS3.  BL2 software sales were 220% higher on 360 in the UK.

It has been HEAVILY marketed as a virtual exclusive in the UK.  Sony have spent big on this game.

this game is free on xbox one

what are u talking about?

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

kowenicki said:
Fusioncode said:
kowenicki said:

And you base this on what? Besides your own hopes and dreams of course. 

Common sense.

Care to elaborate? 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
It is very interesting that 360 owners are still buying whilst PS3 owners aren't. This clearly indicates that more PS3 owners have jumped to next gen sooner.

Also.

VGC console ratio PS4:XB1 1.5:1

Destiny ratio PS4:XB1 1.27:1

Along with the recent information on total software and the resultant tie ratio's, means that either ONE owners buy far more software or the ONE is undertracked. Probably the former, for now.

I'd say this also shows that a lot of 360 owners have also jumped to the ps4, the 360 last gen use to have higher sales than the ps3 with multiplat games ink the UK

makes sense. XBOX has always been the Shooterbox from Day 1. It will always have a higher attach rate for FPS games. (not raw sales due to differences in install base)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

kowenicki said:
CosmicSex said:
kowenicki said:

"Eurogamer understands" doesnt count as evidence in my book.

Okay you want evidence... well Microsoft has provided none, so then Xbox One = 0 and PS4 = 1 million+.  Nothing but offical statements matter so then there is no evidence that a single Xbox One has been sold.    Thats what I thought. 

Great, thanks for your input.

I'm looking at evidence based on the hard numbers we have from both Sony and the trackers.

ALL of this evidence says that the ONE owners are buying massively more software, or that the ONE is undertracked, or a bit of both.

Do you dispute my last sentence?

Yes of course.  It sounds like you are referring to tie ratios, but there are caveats to this.  First, the report acknowledges that digital sales are not included so you really don't know what the ratio is (as in you have no clue).  And you are contradicting yourself by assuming you know what the ratio is without evidence and yet you dispute Eurogamer's 1.5:1 ratio.  Basically there are more possible scenarios than the two presented in your last sentence but you proclaim those to be the only possibilities.  Your logic is broken.  But per usual, that how things go down on the internet. 

im surprised how the ps4 version of the game sold that much even though ms bundle destiny and a free game. this week will be a massacre.

It just that most of the fanbase of games like Destiny were Xbox players last gen, it is changing a bit since the PS4 still has grown quite a bit compared to last gen but it still has its effects. For example I wouldn't touch the game with a ten foot pole. Actually seeing that the game sold 28% more on PS4 than the Xbox shows that PS4 locked pretty much every fanbase now. A quick turn of events, this is the UK we are talking about.