By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why does samsung hate apple?

UncleScrooge said:

You're right, I'm sorry. Let me rephrase it: Do you think people only buy Apple products because of the marketing? Don't you think people buy them because they are good products? People always bring Apple's marketing up but that implies customers have no idea what they want, they just watch a commercial and go for that product. I think this is wrong. I think customers are intelligent and know what they want. And I think they buy Apple products because these products are well designed and worth their money.

And just to make this clear: I like Samsung's phones and I like HTC phones. I think there's a number of premium smartphones which are very close to each other in quality. I just think the iPhone is part of that.

Do you really, truly think the majority of people actually research this stuff?  Seriously?  Because I certainly don't.  I think for much the same reason people have no interest in building their own PC, people purchase things with little to no research into what they're actually buying.  They just don't want to have to learn about a whole new set of shit, that for the most part has no relevance in their day to day lives.  I can understand that, to a degree, though I think as the price climbs, so should your desire to research it.  So yeah, I actually think advertising in many cases, are the only information people get about these things.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
UncleScrooge said:

You're right, I'm sorry. Let me rephrase it: Do you think people only buy Apple products because of the marketing? Don't you think people buy them because they are good products? People always bring Apple's marketing up but that implies customers have no idea what they want, they just watch a commercial and go for that product. I think this is wrong. I think customers are intelligent and know what they want. And I think they buy Apple products because these products are well designed and worth their money.

And just to make this clear: I like Samsung's phones and I like HTC phones. I think there's a number of premium smartphones which are very close to each other in quality. I just think the iPhone is part of that.

Do you really, truly think the majority of people actually research this stuff?  Seriously?  Because I certainly don't.  I think for much the same reason people have no interest in building their own PC, people purchase things with little to no research into what they're actually buying.  They just don't want to have to learn about a whole new set of shit, that for the most part has no relevance in their day to day lives.  I can understand that, to a degree, though I think as the price climbs, so should your desire to research it.  So yeah, I actually think advertising in many cases, are the only information people get about these things.

This post made me think of Jimmy Kimmel showing a "new" iPhone in the streets around where he tapes his shows and people were in awe when they were really looking at a past model. Hell, he showed an iPad mini and said it was an iPhone 5S and people still ate it up.

apple doens´t get attacked enough,
they sold a second year of warranty, while there is a law, that tech has to have two years of warranty for free,
if any other company would have done that there would have been an outcry, but from apple people are accepting everything

Brotherstotheend said:
apple doens´t get attacked enough,
they sold a second year of warranty, while there is a law, that tech has to have two years of warranty for free,
if any other company would have done that there would have been an outcry, but from apple people are accepting everything

Em.....shops have been doing that for years...Dixons, Currys, PCWorld, Comet etc.  It is wrong, hence why they've changed it to include accidental damage.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

By the way, I agree with UncleScrooge.

The entire iPhone experience is well thought out and well executed, hence the reason why a lot of people get an iPhone over any other phone. Apple DO make great products!!! That's not to say that other manufacturers don't make good products, some of them do, but most of them aren't brilliant. Android is a big problem for me. Developing for Android isn't good. There are so many variables with regards to versions of Android and versions of device there is no way you can get the best out of any one device when you are developing a product that can be used on a hundred different devices. This is why you will find Apps being developed primarily for iOS, then Android, also there is a selection of Apps/Games that won't even appear on Android. The whole ecosystem is just too fragmented and to have to wait months to years for upgrades is just not on IMHO.

I am actually totally surprised that Samsung didn't develop their own OS years ago which would lead to developing their own App Store as well. On top of that considering Samsung have the ability to develop their own chipsets, I'm surprised that they don't make their own bespoke chipset line to knock socks off of Apple's A Chipset...but no...why? They are content in just pumping up clockspeeds and adding cores to compensate for the huge overhead of OS on top of OS, but it means they won't get the best out of their hardware as they have to rely on 3rd parties for essential tasks.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

I prefer Note 4. Apple didn't have any innovation on its new product.