By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - These Halo: The Masterchief Collection Preorders are Very Supersticious Homies

AnthonyW86 said:
FIT_Gamer said:
"Supersticious"? lol

Yeah didn't you hear the Halo franchise has evolved to the point that it now has it's own consciousness, and it believes in ghosts.

Not only did he use the wrong word, but he also spelled superstitious incorrectly lol. 

Around the Network

because are all old games ,and ppl know old games hd ,remastereds,whatever .not much different that the original version ..,, hhaa and every xbox fan allready had play all of them,,

deviliscry said:

because are all old games ,and ppl know old games hd ,remastereds,whatever .not much different that the original version ..,, hhaa and every xbox fan allready had play all of them,,

I'm guessing you haven't seen Halo 2 remastered.

Also, Xbox's sales were very low compared to 360. Not every fan has played Halo 2.

Nah it's about right.

Think of it this way: most pre ordered title that was announced at E3 this year

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

jlmurph2 said:

Also, Xbox's sales were very low compared to 360. Not every fan has played Halo 2.

In my opinion, the people that are really excited about the MCC are really only excited about Halo 2 remastered.  Your comments back up my claim.  

I have seen Halo 2 remastered at Microsoft's Gamescom 2014 and I did not see that wow factor.  I have never played a Halo game, which is why I wasn't impressed with seeing a 10 year old game in the first place.  However, I completely understand why someone would be really excited to play a masterpiece with upscaled graphics.  Halo 2 remastered is not going to bring anything new to the shooter franchise, so I believe it is mainly going to sell the MCC collection based on nostalgia.

The real question is whether the late fans of Halo (Halo 3, Halo 4...etc)  will want to pick up older versions of the game.  

The other huge selling point of the MCC collection is the fact that you can gain access to the beta of Halo 5.  But will that be enough for people to pick up the game?  It appears that Microsoft themselves doesn't put a lot of faith into the MCC collection.  Microsoft has bundles for Madden, COD, and Sunset Overdrive but they dont have a bundle for the MCC?  It seems really odd that Microsoft wouldn't have a bundle for their most successful franchise.

Around the Network
Jimbo1337 said:
jlmurph2 said:

In my opinion, the people that are really excited about the MCC are really only excited about Halo 2 remastered.  Your comments back up my claim.  

I have seen Halo 2 remastered at Microsoft's Gamescom 2014 and I did not see that wow factor.  I have never played a Halo game, which is why I wasn't impressed with seeing a 10 year old game in the first place.  However, I completely understand why someone would be really excited to play a masterpiece with upscaled graphics.  Halo 2 remastered is not going to bring anything new to the shooter franchise, so I believe it is mainly going to sell the MCC collection based on nostalgia.

The real question is whether the late fans of Halo (Halo 3, Halo 4...etc)  will want to pick up older versions of the game.  

The other huge selling point of the MCC collection is the fact that you can gain access to the beta of Halo 5.  But will that be enough for people to pick up the game?  It appears that Microsoft themselves doesn't put a lot of faith into the MCC collection.  Microsoft has bundles for Madden, COD, and Sunset Overdrive but they dont have a bundle for the MCC?  It seems really odd that Microsoft wouldn't have a bundle for their most successful franchise.

If anything that shows exactly how much faith they do have in MCC. It can sell on its own. It doesn't need a bundle.

But people are excited for Halo 2 because it has the best multiplayer of all the games and that multiplayer isn't available anywhere. Halo 2 already brought something new to the shooter genre so giving these games together is pure fan service. Fans of Halo 3 and 4 can play what they want. But if they are fans of 3 then they'll have no problem with Halo 2.

jlmurph2 said:
Jimbo1337 said:

If anything that shows exactly how much faith they do have in MCC. It can sell on its own. It doesn't need a bundle.

But people are excited for Halo 2 because it has the best multiplayer of all the games and that multiplayer isn't available anywhere. Halo 2 already brought something new to the shooter genre so giving these games together is pure fan service. Fans of Halo 3 and 4 can play what they want. But if they are fans of 3 then they'll have no problem with Halo 2.

I think you are missing the reason why Microsoft is bundling free games with their gaming console.  Microsoft is currently having issues moving the XB1 off of the shelves.  Brand new IPs like Sunset Overdrive or huge franchises like COD (in a bundle) help move their gaming consoles.  That is why I am perplexed as to why they dont include a game that "can sell on its own" in a bundle so as to help move consoles.

Jimbo1337 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Jimbo1337 said:

I think you are missing the reason why Microsoft is bundling free games with their gaming console.  Microsoft is currently having issues moving the XB1 off of the shelves.  Brand new IPs like Sunset Overdrive or huge franchises like COD (in a bundle) help move their gaming consoles.  That is why I am perplexed as to why they dont include a game that "can sell on its own" in a bundle so as to help move consoles.

Because Halo can boost Xbox without being bundled. They obviously made the decision to boost Sunset's sales with the bundle and to boost X1's sales with COD. A third limited edition console bundle the next week would be overkill.

jlmurph2 said:

Because Halo can boost Xbox without being bundled. They obviously made the decision to boost Sunset's sales with the bundle and to boost X1's sales with COD. A third limited edition console bundle the next week would be overkill.

Yeah, I came to that conclusion right after my previous post.  I read in an article that Microsoft breaks even with every XB1 bundle that they put out.  They are losing money because they are giving out free games with their bundle as to help move their console units, but end up breaking even with licensing fees.

I see now that they dont want to have a MCC bundle because they dont want to lose out on the huge profit when the game is first released.  As you have stated, the MCC collection will likely cause consumers to buy the game and the kinectless XB1 unit anyways.

lmao , come on, just because the preorders are not high to ur expectations doesn't mean there is something superstitious, heck look at cod advanced low less people interested , a lot of x1 games are low and also some ps4 games but cause it halo there has to be something superstitious. if the numbers are high or are being preordered a lot ms will let u know , cause they need to say something positive. that's y there not giving the game away with a bundle cause they need to make some money on software and there banking it will sell like it did on its original launch days ,but that will not happen, heck its not even on amazons top 100 , its sitting at 568 not good at all .