By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction : PS4 will have a 1.5M+ gap over XB1 in the US by Jan 1st, 2015

Will the PS4 have at least a 1.5M lead on XB1 by Jan 1st in the USA?

Yes 201 78.21%

No 37 14.40%

Wii U will beat them both put together! 19 7.39%

Total:257
OttoniBastos said:
DonFerrari said:
Why does it seem that all bold prediction in favour of ps4 ends up being not that bold but for X1/WiiU they end up preposterous boom.

Because PS4 keeps smashing everybody's expectations and X1/WiiU keeps underperforming in comparison with what people expect.

Remember when People here said "there is no way PS4 will sell more than 3 millions at the end of the year 'cause WiiU didn't." - PS4 sold 4.2 million with stock issues.

Remember when Titanfall would turn the tides to the Xbone side in march? - PS4 outsold it and titanfall only helped xone to not drop in january levels of sale.

Remember when sony expected 5 million PS4 sold by march 2014? it was 7 millions.

Remember when Mario kart would lock WiiU sale's base higher forever? it didn't!

Remember when vgchartz was saying 9 million PS4 sold at gamescom time? it was 10 millions!

Remember when Xone was supposed to outsell PS4 at september NPD? welp....

Yep... life have been unfair for some and pretty smily to others

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Adbranez said:
Arkaign said:
Phronesis said:
I laughed so loud about this:

"Microsoft may really start panicking if the next Call of Duty, a series that historically performed much better on Xbox One and Xbox 360, sells better on PS4."

'Cause you know, it's true. Microsoft is financing CoD even though Advanced Warfare is 886p on Xone and 1080p on PS4. So the chances of a PS4 best seller are good.

Yep, the inertia from Destiny month makes it a guarantee that COD will sell more on PS4.

I don´t think so, Destiny has exclusive content on PS4 and that´s why Destiny sold more in PS4. In this case, Xbox releases the DLC´s one month before, so maybe COD will still selling more on Xbox One.

If it were a vacuum, maaaybe.

The more I think about it, the more I think MCC is going to severely damage COD sales on X1 this holiday. With that much content I expect a huge portion of MCC buyers to have their hands full with FPS MP gaming for a long while.

Out of curiosity, does ioi have his own access to NPD results, and use those to update his charts, or was he as reliant on the leaks as the rest of us? Because if the latter, well, the apparent Aqua leak plug's going to make those adjustments a fair bit more difficult; prinz was mentioning individual months, and the consoles winning by low or moderate amounts, but without much NPD information to flesh it out, even 'Microsoft/Sony Wins' is going to be pretty hard to quantify, Any victory could be a tiny, barely scraping win, or a big, solid, even gargantuan beatdown.

In terms of the prediction, fair chance at this point, though Jesus, Microsoft is pouring ON the bundles. o.o Sunset Overdrive bundle releases October 28th, the new Assassin's Creed bundle (featuring free copies of Unity AND Black Flag) releases on November 2nd, and the Call of Duty bundle drops November 3rd. o.O Regardless of how much or little the individual bundles sell, the release of all three close together, and all the pre-orders redeemed as a result, is going to add a pretty substantial bulge to that week or so of sales.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Yup, it will be at least that. The PS4 is easily going to win this holiday and shock quite a few people that seem to have way too high expectations of the X1

wary-wallaroo said:
Yup, it will be at least that. The PS4 is easily going to win this holiday and shock quite a few people that seem to have way too high expectations of the X1

I think X1 fans expectations are warranted this holiday season (November in particular) as opposed to march with Titanfall as its really the first time you can experience a few blockbuster games on X1 and not the 360. Going by Amazon charts there are a high number of active 360's compared to ps3, and its not ridiculous to assume that not only MCC and SO, but 3 attractive bundles could be a momentum shift for X1.