By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Nearing Deal To Purchase Minecraft for $2 Billion CNBC Reports

Teeqoz said:

No, I'm not the only one who thinks it's a waste, there are plenty others who agree with me.

And it will take 12 years if it sells at it's current pace+PS4/XBO boost, for the next 12 years, but it won't last that long. Even Minecraft doesn't have the legs to sell another 120 million copies.

sure. many people dont have a clue about gaming on the perspective of developer, publisher and platformholder

only about the gamer perspective

sure it can.

on mobile ;)

rigt now its only at ~30m, while 1.8 billion (and still growing) smartphones are out there

and what about spin offs and a possible successor?

there is now way they could spend 2.5 billion better in a gaming related way, because twitch is already sold :D

and twitch would not even fit in the ms portfolio

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:
Teeqoz said:

No, I'm not the only one who thinks it's a waste, there are plenty others who agree with me.

And it will take 12 years if it sells at it's current pace+PS4/XBO boost, for the next 12 years, but it won't last that long. Even Minecraft doesn't have the legs to sell another 120 million copies.

sure. many people dont have a clue about gaming on the perspective of developer, publisher and platformholder

only about the gamer perspective

sure it can.

on mobile ;)

rigt now its only at ~30m, while 1.8 billion (and still growing) smartphones are out there

and what about spin offs and a possible successor?

there is now way they could spend 2.5 billion better in a gaming related way, because twitch is already sold :D

and twitch would not even fit in the ms portfolio

You really think Minecraft will sell another 120 million copies? okay...

How would a sequel work? It won't come anywhere close to the sales of the original.

And yes there is. They could buy 2K for 1,87 BN dollars. The fact that they paid more for Mojang than what all of 2K interactive is worth should tell you something. Infact, if they bought 2K, they would have enough money to buy 50% of Capcom shares with the leftovers. So they could get 2K and Capcom combined, for the same amount as they spent on Mojang. Imagine all those studios and IPs they would've gotten out of that. But no, they chose to spend all that on just Mojang.