By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do The People That Bought A Xbox One Feel Ripped Off After All The Price-Cuts, Fire Sales, And Exclusive Content/Games For The PS4?

NightDragon83 said:
Another point I'd like to make... since the OP was obviously written from a Sony fan's perspective, I wonder how PS1 early adopters felt back in the day when Sony dropped the price from $299 to $199 (a 33% cut) less than a year after launch to match the N64's launch price. Was that a "fire sale" on Sony's part?

Or how about when Sony screwed PS2 early adopters when again they dropped the price of the PS2 from $299 to $199 in June 2002, just 18 months after launch, to undercut the Xbox and match the GC's price? Fire sale!

Or even better... how about all the poor souls who dropped FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARZ!!!! on a PS3 at launch?

Did you just say $599, but but Sony doesn't Rip off customer just look at the PS4.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
I think OP actually has a legitimate point. I mean come on, anyone who backed the XB1 from the very inception must have felt betrayed at some point. The DRM reversals, the kinect reversal, the price-meandering.

Why can't we have this discussion? People who backed the XB1 at 500 dollars backed the wrong horse. No sign of a PS4 price cut any time soon, XB1 at holidays though....that's a different story.

I'm so glad I switched this gen.

As a gamer who enjoys what the Kinect brings, why would I feel betrayed by anything you listed?

DRM reversal has no negative effect on any of us, sans the cancelation of the family share feature, which could have ended up being crap anyway for all we know.

Kinect reversal doesn't effect me either. I guess if you're someone who needed to have an Xbox One and doesn't like Kinect, that could bother you.

Price meandering.. there have been some bundles and an alternate SKU without Kinect.

Idk what PS4's price has to do with it. If you're not satisfied with the console and are looking at PS4, that goes a bit beyond what the thread is asking.

just al lik bit

bought day one Kinect edition including fifa 14) for 450 euro
could bought kinectless Version including destiny for 299

i want Kinect, so ist a ~100 euro pricecut
ist okay. i just want some benefit to be a day one user

The Xbox One is selling just as poorly as the Wii U did during the same period - perhaps slightly better, but not much. The Xbone is getting most (if not all) of the 3rd party software the PS4 is getting, but it's not getting the same amount of sales. I believe this is due to the fact that:

1) People are still bitter about the DRM policies Microsoft wanted to implement.
2) The Xbone doesn't have many first party exclusives.

That's it. Now, one could argue that the PS4 also doesn't have many first party exclusives, but the PS4 was certainly marketed a heck of lot better than how the Xbone was marketed. That extra push was all the PS4 needed to get to where it's at today. Of course, that's just for hardware sales. Software sales is another matter altogether.

Microsoft needs more exclusive titles. They need to set their system apart from the PS4. If they have a system that just resembles another one, but just less powerful, then they will never get ahead of the PS4, let alone, the Wii U.

Look if you have a decent PC a XB1 simply does not have a strong reason to compel people to drop $399 or $499... I probably would have bought a XB1 by now as MS was forced to change, they did not listen to the consumer base as some hardcore followers would like to think... they listened to sales numbers and anger, had they really listened this would never of happened in the first place. However the problem I have now is simple, the games I wanted to play on the XB1 I can now get on PC! I see absolutely no reason at all to get a XB1.

Around the Network

Although I didn't buy an XOne I can't imagine someone tripping over spending $500 after all the reversals. Day one buyers especially, they know that price will go down over time.