By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XB1 Console w/ Free Game - Bestbuy's Deal Gives Extra

So I still lurk alot even having a profile but I figured I'd make this post for anyone looking to get an XB1.

I'm not sure if this is all stores but the Bestbuy I went to here in Austin is also giving away 2 years of their gamers unlocked club with the purchase of an XB1. Gamers unlocked for anyone unaware is a program that gives you 20% off all game purchases among other incentives.

I just got the Madden bundle with a second copy of Madden lol (they wouldn't let me buy it with a Destiny preorder so I had to buy another full price game that I'll trade in for Destiny later).

That's like a $250 savings. Amazing deal imo. Hopefully this deal is fairly widespread so others can jump in.

I now offically own all 3 consoles and will be playing Destiny on ps4 and xb1 lol. 

Around the Network

Yeah lol. I proposed the loophole to buy some other full priced game to trade in later. Madden was the only game they had left that was full priced. Guess they had a lot of games on sale.

IPerfect time to buy one but I already have one. Would have gotten the titanfall bundle with destiny.

It really was. That Bestbuy Gamer Club really makes it. 20% off all games for 2 years. This buy hooked me up for all 3 systems.

that playstation gap must be huge.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

Man, I get the feeling that soon enough they'll be paying us to get an X1. Sales must be terrible.

Yeah, it's defintely not looking good.

Anecdotal but I've told 3 xb360 guys I know that play tons of sports and cod/battlefield about this and 2/3 don't care and are going ps4 while the 3rd is thinking about going for the deal.

It really is surprising to see them shift sides even with a great deal like this.

tm said:

Yeah, it's defintely not looking good.

Anecdotal but I've told 3 xb360 guys I know that play tons of sports and cod/battlefield about this and 2/3 don't care and are going ps4 while the 3rd is thinking about going for the deal.

It really is surprising to see them shift sides even with a great deal like this.

A lot of people have the whole "I'll just wait for a better deal" mindset.

You can't blame them.  

First $499 with kinect
Second $439 target deal with Kinect, Titanfal, and 1 Year of Xbox Live at Target ($449 was the typical deal)
Third $399 kinectless skew
Forth $399 forza bundle
Fifth $399 Sunset bundle
Sixth $399 Madden bundle
Seventh $399 bundles + one free additional game of your choice
Eith $399 Kinectless skew, one free game, and two years of best buy gaming discounts (which is a huge savings)

wary-wallaroo said:
Man, I get the feeling that soon enough they'll be paying us to get an X1. Sales must be terrible.

That would be pretty cool :P

Once you show how low you will go there is no going back.

I said the same thing back when the XB1 temporarily dropped to $450 earlier this year and look what happened. After they returned the price to $500 the sales tanked to all time lows.

The deals this month are going to front load some sales in September, but they're going to have to make this kind of deal permanent before long.

My 8th gen collection