By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - May god save us all when The Last of Us 2 hits stores!

The Last of Us --> The Last of Us 2: increase in quality?

> Uncharted -> Uncharted 2 38 39.18%

= Uncharted -> Uncharted 2 33 34.02%

= Uncharted 2 -> Uncharted 3 15 15.46%

< Uncharted 2 -> Uncharted 3 11 11.34%

Total:97
platformmaster918 said:
enditall727 said:

On the enemy front, what do you think they could add while still keeping that classic TLOU feel? Maybe more wilderness type encounters every once in a while like bears or something?

Also, how do you think they could evolve the infected virus? We already have runners, clickers and bloaters. What type of enemy do you think they could add that would actually fit seemlessly in the game's universe while not being some type of generic enemy-reskin or something?

I'm thinking something with a projectile vomit or something or perhaps ones that make a spore cloud of cover for their fellow infected and themselves or even ones that lie and wait camoflauged or underwater or in trees

The vomit sounds like it could be a decent idea under the right circumstances. But do you think they could pull off the spore cloud cover? An infected being able to apply cover to it's fellow infected would infer that the infected have some form of intelligence. You have to remember that any intelligence the victim had when they were 1st infected pretty much goes completely out the window when the virus takes over.

If the infected had intelligence, it would take away from the game's atmosphere. You have YOURSELF, other survivors who are willing to kill for supplies among other things, and the mindless infected who EVERYONE has to watch out for.

Do  you think they would be able to pull off giving intelligence to the infected while still keeping it's identity?

The undewater and tree part sounds like what i was trying to get at with the flyers and aquatic type infected

Around the Network

What if I told you that not everybody thinks that much about such games?

oldschoolfool said:
What if I told you that not everybody thinks that much about such games?

agreed, stealth games not for me. though a great story with this one, not a buy for me.

DerNebel said:
KLAMarine said:
Maybe by actually delivering what was shown at E3. With prettier graphics.

The E3 stuff was pretty much in the final game, what do you mean?

u should ask him if he ever touched the the game

thats why i saved this video for these occasions

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

KLAMarine said:
DerNebel said:
KLAMarine said:

What I mean by that was that it actually wasn't. Ellie's AI for example was much better in the trailer than it was in the final release.

her behavior changes according to difficult you choose.

shes more agressive on hard and so forth

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

The last of US was mind blowing and as the same time very limited by the PS3 specs : very closed spaces, number of infested on screen, IA. I definitely expect an impressive improvement

FATALITY said:
DerNebel said:
KLAMarine said:

u should ask him if he ever touched the the game

thats why i saved this video for these occasions

I compared that video to the one below and I can't help but notice a downgrade. Not to say the current AI isn't serviceable but we did not get what was shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZYkj0glnqs

Part of me feels I should be thankful though. Mowing down human after human who are portrayed so realistically might have been disturbing as opposed to enjoyable...

Yes, may god save us from the hoards of people who will claim it to be the greatest thing created by man, and bash people who disagree with them.

That being said, I fully expect it to be one of, if not the, best looking games this generation, and I look forward to seeing an improved AI. Also really looking forward to seeing how they continue the story. Maybe Ellie will be the main character this time around? 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC