By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Highest Rated Exclusives (MC): 8th Gen Updated

What will be the highest rated game of the year?

Bloodborne 73 47.40%

Halo 5 17 11.04%

Rise of The Tomb Raider 2 1.30%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 28 18.18%

Forza 6 1 0.65%

Splatoon 4 2.60%

Other 13 8.44%

See results. 15 9.74%

Total:153
Zekkyou said:
MoHasanie said:
Nice thread.
Interesting that PS3 had the most top rated exclusives.

I only just noticed this comment was here ._.

Anyway, a lot of it can be thanked on the PS3's later years. By the end of 2010 (for console exclusives) the PS3 had 43 75+ titles, the Wii 60 and the 360 45 (37 without 2005). The Wii was the rather obvious winner, thanks primarily to the large support boost its sales generated for it, while the PS3/360 were relatively close to each other.

2011 onwards is when the PS3 pulled ahead.

Wow, PS3 was definitely the best console to own in the second half of last gen. Sometimes I wish I bought it instead of a 360. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

And this is when you bought it on ebay for 100$! Reaping all the benefits of the strong library that had grown while not giving Sony any money. :P

Great thread Zekkyou!

vkaraujo said:
Great thread Zekkyou!

Thanks o/

Vena said:
Zekkyou said:

And this is when you bought it on ebay for 100$! Reaping all the benefits of the strong library that had grown while not giving Sony any money. :P

You got it for $100 in 2011? o: Damn, that's pretty good. Wouldn't you be giving Sony money whenever you buy a game? :p More than on the PS3, i'm not sure it had stopped selling at a loss yet (that might be 2010 though).

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

You got it for $100 in 2011? o: Damn, that's pretty good. Wouldn't you be giving Sony money whenever you buy a game? :p More than on the PS3, i'm not sure it had stopped selling at a loss yet (that might be 2010 though).

I got it for 100$ in 2012. It was a semi-broken console on sale but I fixed the issue.

I bought most of my games from the bins at GameStop/Walmart, so what ever money Sony got it was %s of <10$, lol. 

Vena said:
Zekkyou said:

I got it for 100$ in 2012. It was a semi-broken console on sale but I fixed the issue.

I bought most of my games from the bins at GameStop/Walmart, so what ever money Sony got it was %s of <10$, lol. 

It's still money they'd otherwise not have gotten :p Why are you apposed to giving them money though? SCE, MS and Nintendo all partake in their own share of assfuckery. None though to an extent that would make me give a shit if my money was going to them or the moon

Zekkyou said:

It's still money they'd otherwise not have gotten :p Why are you apposed to giving them money though? SCE, MS and Nintendo all partake in their own share of assfuckery. None though to an extent that would make me give a shit if my money was going to them or the moon

Well they usually aren't getting any money, since most PS3/X360 purchases from me were from returns (some of the games were flat out out of print, so there was no other way to get them, lol) but yes, they did get a little bit of my money. Nintendo probably got the most last gen but that was due to the grace of me having modded the Wii into... well a 2TB hard drive should paint the picture. M$ was on the low since I only buy Halo and the occasional other odd ball game.

I put them on different levels of assfuckery. For example:

* Nintendo assfuckery? Stupidity or Nintendon't, not being able to convey a point, or being backasswards for some stupid reason. (Conversely, they get props from me for reviving dead franchises even when they know they won't make money off of it. S&P2, Bayo2, for example. They also tend to get a pass for making good fucking games when they pull their heads out of their asses.)

* M$ assfuckery? Cruella De Vil. (But they have Halo hostage.)

* Sony assfuckery? Cut off your nose to spite your face. Shady business practices right up there with M$.

(I was actually going to pick up a PS3 very early in the last gen, but then they did that move where they locked down the "this is an open system!" home brew.)

Love how diverse the PS3 list, a mix of everything unlike the others.

Galaxy deserves every last bit! One of the best 3D (rotating camera) marios since Sunshine