By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Highest Rated Exclusives (MC): 8th Gen Updated

What will be the highest rated game of the year?

Bloodborne 73 47.40%

Halo 5 17 11.04%

Rise of The Tomb Raider 2 1.30%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 28 18.18%

Forza 6 1 0.65%

Splatoon 4 2.60%

Other 13 8.44%

See results. 15 9.74%

Total:153

Nice thread!

Around the Network
kinisking said:
HEMSTAR said:
sundin13 said:
Those LBP ratings are absurdly high...I don't understand @.@

Good thread though ^.^ Looks nice

LBP is amazing, it deserves those scores :D

But it's not amazing on the level of tlou haha. 

Nothing is that amazing :D

Zekkyou said:

Snippity Snip!

Why count games available on old gens for any of these graphs?

Also why did you not count Prime Trilogy? Just curious as it's technically a true exclusive but the games in it aren't entirely exclusive (though, the remaking of the controls would make them exclusive). Also why does Twilight Princess not count as a true exclusive?

Really nice thread, Zekkyou. Looks like the PS3 won in the high quality exclusives department. I'm looking forward to see that 8th generation graph throughout 2015.

BraLoD said:
_crazy_man_ said:
BraLoD said:
mii-gamer said:
Shoudn't twilight princess count, Zekkyou? It was released first on the Wii.

It was like a week or so and only in Japan wasn't it?
And it was originally produced and announced as a GameCube title, that was dalayed to release together with the Wii version at the Wii launch...
I really don't know it that counts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/08/16/zelda-delayed-to-next-year

I'd say it does cause its still Nintendo exclusive and released just days apart.

Well, I can't go against it because it did happen, but to me TP was always a GameCube game ported to the Wii... even with the few days separating their launch (in Japan it was the same day actually).
The game was build to the GC and was delayed because of the Wii launch... It would count to me as a 6th gen Ninty exclusive, not a 7th gen one... but that's my way to see it

I think either it should count (and perhaps REmake for wii should too), or it shouldn't and then the The Last of Us remaster shouldn't either.

It also had a different control scheme, for Wii you had to use motion controls.

Around the Network
sidmeiernintifan said:

I think either it should count (and perhaps REmake for wii should too), or it shouldn't and then the The Last of Us remaster shouldn't either.

It also had a different control scheme, for Wii you had to use motion controls.

I'd say that Prime Trilogy should technically also count under these rules as they remade the controls. Dunno.

sundin13 said:
Those LBP ratings are absurdly high...I don't understand @.@

Good thread though ^.^ Looks nice

But.... LBP is a great game. 

*confused*

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

BraLoD said:

I don't think TLOU:R should be counted either, it's a PS3 game. Sure it's now also at the PS4 with some more stuff, but a game should only counts in one generation, and TLOU definitely is a 7th gen game.
They all should be counted as a separated case. So we all know better what each gen definiltely bring us new and how did they perform. But then cross-gen would be tricky too... maybe it's easier to add them all it seems

Twilight Princess is technically a 7th gen game, though, since its not like they ported it one way or the other. It was released (almost) concurrently. The reason they even released the NGC version was because they felt they owed it to the fans who'd been expecting it on the NGC, they could have just as simply not even bothered with the reverse release.

Vena said:

Zekkyou said:

Snippity Snip!

Why count games available on old gens for any of these graphs?

Also why did you not count Prime Trilogy? Just curious as it's technically a true exclusive but the games in it aren't entirely exclusive (though, the remaking of the controls would make them exclusive). Also why does Twilight Princess not count as a true exclusive?

Because the top graph is intended for console exclusives, which is a fairly loose term. People constantly argue with each other over console exclusives (stuff like TF) and true exclusives (MK8) so i just included graphs for both. Saves me a lot of hassle :p

I changed the restriction to brand exclusive (for 7th gen versions) for the WiiU as it was really messing with the consistency of the data. The PS3 and 360 are still very active consoles (unlike the GC, PS2 etc). Like i said in the notes though, i may re include them once the PS3/360 have been discontinued, or i'll add the same restriction to the 7th gen graph. The thread is pretty much in beta right now, i haven't worked all the kinks out yet.

The prime trilogy isn't included since 2 of the titles are on the GC. The only one truly exclusive to the Wii was Prime 3, which already has a spot. If P3 had never been released outside of that collection (similar to how Bayo 2 is being bundled with Bayo 1) then i'd included it on a technicality.

In regards to TP, as the graph says "Exclusive is defined here as a title on no other platform, including handhelds, PC and Mobile. 8th gen systems are (for now) ignored." The only current exception is 8th gen versions. TP is on the GC, which is ain't an 8th gen system :p

mii-gamer said:
Shoudn't twilight princess count, Zekkyou? It was released first on the Wii.

I assume you're talking about the "true" list? (since that's the one TP is excluded from). The date of its release is irrelevant, the true list doesn't allow any version on any system except (for now) 8th gen systems. TP is on the GC, a 6th gen console, thus is excluded.

The only exception is 100% full remakes like the Halo Ani.