By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Highest Rated Exclusives (MC): 8th Gen Updated

What will be the highest rated game of the year?

Bloodborne 73 47.40%

Halo 5 17 11.04%

Rise of The Tomb Raider 2 1.30%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 28 18.18%

Forza 6 1 0.65%

Splatoon 4 2.60%

Other 13 8.44%

See results. 15 9.74%

Total:153
IdealisticNihilist said:
Zekkyou said:

Metacritic does have its uses. They're perfect for making non-subjective comparisons on certain levels, especially when looking on a large scale (which compounds the initial effect of creating a generalized view). They're utterly useless for direct quality comparisons though, which is unfortunately what most people try to use it for :/ 

That all said, this thread is just for fun ^^ It's not intended to be taken too seriously. 

FIne, but: Gamerankings.com > Metacritic.

They're essentially the same aren't they? :p From my understanding the only real difference in GR use a standard average, while metacritic weight the score slightly to minimize the effect of troll reviews.

Both sites end up with incredible similar scores though (generally no more than a 1 point variation in either direction), so even that difference in fairly negligible.

Edit: Whoops >.<

Around the Network

Review embargo for Driveclub?

Forza Horizon 2 will have higher ratings. The fact that Drive Club has schedule features happening post launch is what's going to hurt it's ratings. People will lower their ratings as a result, knowing more is coming.

I doubt Drive club will go over 86. Too easy to deduct points for the delay, patch for weather or 50 cars.
It has my preference anyway. I'm a bit tired of open world racers where the scenery becomes old hat after 2 hours. 55 new tracks to learn inside and out sounds perfect to me.
Maybe I'll try the crew. 7000 miles of road, over 3x that of tdu2, 1900 sq miles, 25x area of FH2, 4 hour round trip, now that's open world. Rest could be crap though.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Review embargo for Driveclub?

Monday at 9am eastern i think.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
I doubt Drive club will go over 86. Too easy to deduct points for the delay, patch for weather or 50 cars.
It has my preference anyway. I'm a bit tired of open world racers where the scenery becomes old hat after 2 hours. 55 new tracks to learn inside and out sounds perfect to me.
Maybe I'll try the crew. 7000 miles of road, over 3x that of tdu2, 1900 sq miles, 25x area of FH2, 4 hour round trip, now that's open world. Rest could be crap though.

I've never understood the car stuff... I'm not a fan of racers myself, but i can't fathom why anyone would rather an excessively number of cars rather than more raw content (tracks etc).

I can understand hardcore sim enthusiasts wanting crate loads of cars in stuff like GT and FMS, but in a game like DC? Makes no sense to me.

Zekkyou said:
SvennoJ said:

I've never understood the car stuff... I'm not a fan of racers myself, but i can't fathom why anyone would rather an excessively number of cars rather than more raw content (tracks etc).

I can understand hardcore sim enthusiasts wanting crate loads of cars in stuff like GT and FMS, but in a game like DC? Makes no sense to me.

I've always been a race fan, but cars are just the tool to me. I probably won't even drive all 50, 15 is about the max I use in any racer even in GT apart from all the cars you need for single races and challenges. Same with the obsession over how the car looks. Sorry I'm not paying attention to how many polygons are on the wheel rims while racing in hood cam.

I rather have an equal playing field where driving skill counts, instead of car picking/tuning skills. Lots of tracks, weather, no excessive amount of cars, no tuning, time for some real competition.

The poll as of DC's reviews starting to come in:

Zekkyou, I just discovered this thread now, but I have to say. Well done. This is one of the best threads I have seen. So much detail and work.

May you rule VGC soon ;)

Oh wow! How could I have missed this thread?! It's full of awesome!!

Seriously, superb job!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.